Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Project Life : Week 28

Week 28 : July 9-15

This week was a pretty normal week that ended with a long weekend camping at Port Crescent State Park in the thumb area of Michigan. I used the left side as usual for photos + journaling during the beginning of the week and the right side to do a 12 x 12 photo enlargement from our camping trip. I am working on a mini album for this trip but thought this would be a nice way to document that this was the week we went.

Full spread (click photos to enlarge) :
 Left side :
Absolutely love Catherine's new Sillo Series journaling cards. I think I could use the 'she said' ones every day!
A little Silhouette cut, some washi, some flair + Kelly Purkey's geotag stamp = one of my favorite pockets :
Right side - the sunset at the beach near our campsite Sunday night. Not bad for an iPhone photo :
The ladies that I've seen create these enlargements - Elise Blaha, Kelly Purkey, Jenni Hufford - all seem to do it a bit differently. Here are my two cents. Since I have a wide format printer, I just print my photo at 12 x 12 and trim to fit in the pockets. First, 4" off the bottom. Then I cut that in half (for 2 4x6's) and round all the corners. Then I cut 4" off the bottom of what's left for the 3x4 pockets. Since these I really a little narrower than 3", I have to trim a little extra off the width of these (usually between the 1st + 2nd photo and the 3rd + 4th photo). I cut the last 4" in half (2 more 4x6's) for the top and finish it off by rounding the corners. If you don't have a wide format printer, but would like to try this technique from a large 12x12 photo rather than dividing it up into 4x6 prints, I love the quality of Persnickety Prints!

Love this quote :
As always, thank you so much for looking! This week I'm linked up to The Mom Creative. Check out Jessica's post for more inspiration! And if I forgot something or you'd like more details, just ask. :)
If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great!! You are rockin' the full page photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the full page photo of the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Melinda...love that full page photo! And I love the quote! Your handwriting looks great with the quote too. Happy to hear you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete