Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Project Life : Week 20

Week 20 : May 14-20

This week : Parker was sick, the weather was beautiful (and hopefully here to stay) so we were outside a lot. Mark got to see his first project, solely designed by him, in person and it was awesome to see how geeked he was about it! His mom was here to help him begin to assemble a super special birthday gift for the kids. The funny thing is they have no idea that what Daddy is building is a playset for them. I've been teasing Morgan that it's a garage for Daddy's tractor/lawn mower and she totally bought it. Let's see how much longer it is until she figures it out! :)

Full spread (click any image to enlarge) :
 
Left side :
Lots of straight stitching (until the sewing machine freaked out) and other little bits this week. Loving the new October Afternoon 9 to 5 line (which is what the 'I was here' is from) :
Right side :
On most of the 3x4 slots I used my new hello stamp with the journaling cards that came in the core kit. I promise I'm done adding new stamps for a while. It's been fun and a little addictive. ;)
Pretty simple this week. Some most days I find myself still finding that balance/interest in keeping it simple and adding fun bits. Including printing photos, I've been averaging 2.5 - 3 hours to complete each weekly layout :
I did end up starting a new album with May, so it looks like I'll have 3 albums this year instead of 2. I'm working on my closing page for the first album and the opening page for album two. Will share that in the coming weeks.

Thank you so much for looking! This week I'm linked up to The Mom Creative. Check out Jessica's post for more inspiration! And if I forgot something, just ask. :)

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week : click the photos for more info

17 comments:

  1. Great pages Nicole. Love the stamps and your handwritten journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy! No one likes to be sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Hello stamp and how you have used it in different colours to fit all occasions! So versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love stamps. I have a huge collection, since I make cards, but lately I've been picking up anything that I think might go with Project Life, too :) I love that Hello stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found your shop. I am SO ordering something, right now! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Melissa! I love stamps too :)

      Delete
  5. poor little guy. hope he is feeling better. love the pops of color on your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you included the weather forecast. I keep meaning to do that and this weekend might be the perfect weekend for me to do so! Your pages look so neat and clean if that makes since:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so much going last week. Congratulations Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nichole, lovely layout, had to let you know that my stamps from you came today, thanks- love them, and l so loved the envelope that said HOORAY -HAPPY MAIL, its going in my PL this week........kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect bike shot and great pages. I like all your little add on's and stamps in different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pages.. I posted some new pages fr my album today too! see my blog http://bonitarose.com and omg.. guess what? got your stamps today.. so thrilled.. gonna do the cling foam thing and stamp a bunch of cards in advance.. so I hv them all ready to go.. love them..... thks again! xo can't wait to start using them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Have fun playing with your stamps! Stamping a bunch of cards at a time is a great idea.

      Delete
  11. question? how do you get your iphone weather forecast as an image to print? is there a way to do that on my phone? do tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take a screenshot on an iPhone by pressing the home button and the power button at the same time. I do it quite a bit to document the weather and text messages. The image will go into your photo album/camera roll on your phone and you can just transfer them to your computer like a regular phone photo.

      Delete
  12. is your iphone case your personal image? love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it too. The brush script on my iPhone case is by Kal Barteski. The case is made by Uncommon. I'll be blogging about it on Friday!

      Delete