Sunday, May 27, 2012

my less list : no 16

I'm going to be doing a lot less of what's not necessary this week as most of the to-do's I have planned are going to focus around Morgan starting preschool in the fall and preparing for a big birthday party next weekend. As time permits, even if it's just 10-15 minutes here or there, these are a few things that I want to tackle this week. Lots of purging :
  1. continue the iPhoto purge. Right now I'm in 2010 - when another photo explosion occured - Parker's birth year. Fail - back on the list for next week.
  2. scrapbook room purge. Lots of rubber stamps (from my cardmaking days) and some embellishments (old + new) that just don't excite me anymore. I'm not particularly worried about how I'm going to get rid of / sell the stuff right now. Maybe in my shop, maybe at the next garage sale my local scrapbook store has. Right now I just want it out of my desk. Done and being stored in a box until I figure out how I'm going to sell/get rid of it all.
  3. wash my makeup bag + brushes. I'm trying to be more conscious of taking care of this stuff so it lasts. Well, and putting makeup on with a dirty brush is just gross. :) Complete - all is fresh + clean!
It's going to be a little lot like Christmas here with both kids celebrating their birthdays in the next week or so. I anticipate a grand toy purge approaching soon. I'm seriously considering a garage sale this summer. I've never had one and know they are a ton of work. Is it worth it? Am I nuts?

Each week I write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

4 comments:

  1. Garage sales are a ton of work but can be worth it. Don't expect to get one tenth of what you paid for something. And I would suggest getting someone to watch the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People love garage sales; especially when baby and child things are involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a purge of some items right before my daughter's birthday this week. I had to clean out our TV/play room to make room for the newbies. I'm also organizing as I go so that I can control the chaos. Now I just have to teach her where things go...

    Good luck with the garage sale if you have one. I want to do one but will wait until I am done with all baby items. Does your area have a monthly or yearly garage sale that would help you put the word out? Maybe your neighborhood would have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say a quick thank you. After reading your less posts, I too have started on an iPhoto purge. Not only is it good to edit down to quality from quantity but it's been super rad to go back over all the pics. So yeah. Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete