Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Project Life : Week 16

Week 16 : April 16-22

This week : pretty normal week around here with the typical post office, Target and grocery store errands plus catching up on some household chores. I was geeked to snag the last IKEA cart I've been eyeing and finally truly organize and be satisfied with my scrappy space. Mark worked outside quite a bit and moved the stone pavers that used to be a walkway from our driveway to back patio, out to the front yard as a border around our large pine tree. Looks so nice! Plus, he put our shower doors back up and our shower is back in working order. Makes me very very happy!

Full spread + front of insert :
Left side :
Lots of music + dancing. Our TV has become a very expensive mirror :) Things we do flair button by Ormolu (all links are at the end of this post) :
I used my Week in Review stamp again this week. The tiny orange clip is old Heidi Swapp. On the right side is a picture of Parker going through one of those fabric IKEA tunnels and I zig-zag stitched on one of their paper tape measures that Morgan was using to measure everything while we were shopping :
I used a Love Silhouette diecut and some new Smash tape for a little title on this picture of Parker. Lisa Truesdell posted a new Captured class at Two Peas last week with ideas on how to use washi tape in Project Life and I got this idea there. I love this tape! 
 
Lots of old stuff here. A ghost Heidi Swapp clock and 7Gypsies brads. The r + 3 are old-ish Studio Calico alpha stickers. I handwrote 'a moment in time' with a white Sharpie around the outside edge of the clock. I love love love this photo of my little family. Especially since it was completely natural + they didn't know I was spying on them, taking pictures from inside the house :
The insert was simple this week. The front is a connect the dots drawing Mark made for Morgan. How cute is it that she drew Santa and Rudolph over the house? 
I adhered a file tab punch to the edge :
The back is the plan Mark sketched out of the tile layout. This is actually a few weeks old, but I thought it was appropriate to add it this week since our bathroom is officially done :
Back of the insert + right side :
Right side :
My attempt at a mini bunting title using bakers twine and Silhouette banners :
The photo Mark texted me saying the shower is ready to use! Yippee!
I used my Note to Self stamp here with an awesome new ink color from Hero Arts called Wet Cement. It's a warm taupe-y gray - a nice neutral that I can see myself using a lot :
The journaling card below is from the Turquoise core kit. I added the time 9:03 and made notes of what we were all doing Friday morning at that time. Quick + easy filler :
Week 16 complete. Thank you so much for looking!

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week : click the photos for more info

3 comments:

  1. Love all the little details. Like the flair and washi. We went to IKEA this week too. My son and I had a fight over that measuring tape. He got the tape and I got the map.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog and then discovered your PL! I love the "Note to self" and the idea of time and what everyone is doing! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete