Sunday, April 29, 2012

my less list : no 12

  1. use alarms (on my iPhone) to stay focused + manage my time. Besides trying to complete a task, one at a time, I've most recently found setting an alarm on my phone very helpful in keeping me on track + not distracted or sucked into something else. There have been nights that I'll come into my scraproom to clean up my Project Life mess and I'll end up on the internet reading some random blog. Before I know it, I've blown 90 minutes on nothing. Instead, I set my alarm for 20 minutes and go. If I decide I want to play online afterwards, then so be it. I'm going to see what else I can use that on this week. Working well. I love giving myself a time limit and trying to beat the clock. :)
  2. unsubscribe from unnecessary email - newsletters, sales, etc. Stores like the GAP do not need to be sending me daily emails. Instead of just deleting them this week, I'm going to take the time to scroll through and hit 'unsubscribe.' I've done as many as I can. There are so many emails that I was getting that I don't even open. I just delete it. Instead I have been catching myself to open and unsubscribe. I hope to see a lighter load in my inbox this week.
  3. clean + organize the top portion of the pantry. This is where we keep our cereal, spices, oils + vinegars, baking extras like food coloring + sprinkles, and my extra plant pots + vases. Time to purge, one shelf at a time. Easy + done. Now onto the lower portion.
  4. choose my next bite from Tsh's 52 bites. Plan to tackle it as soon as next week. I chose #25 : organize your photo collection. I don't have many printed photos that are not organized, so instead I'm going to organize and purge the photos on my computer next week.
  5. don't freak that my Week in the Life did not go as planned. At all. Last Monday was a particularly rough day/start but instead of completely scrapping my idea, I'm going to rework it + move forward. I'm feeling better about my revised plan. Now I just need to tackle it.
Each week I write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome things to go less.... I unsubscribed from several emails last week and it has made my inbox so much more manageable!!!!
    Use all your stuff from the stressful day, don't get caught up in the "day" thing. And try again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year was the first year I tried WITL. Mondays are always rough round these parts. I started Tuesday. Today is my last day. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete