Thursday, March 29, 2012

Project Life : Week 12

Week 12 : March 19-25

I hit a bit of a creative wall this week with my Project Life album. I didn't have the time I usually do to work on my layout and that left me frustrated and lacking scrappy mojo. On Monday, I think it took me one hour to do one 3x4 slot. Lame. I set it aside and ended up finishing the whole thing in just over an hour last night. I thought, there was no way I was going to fall behind. Yeah, I can be kinda stubborn like that. :) Even if that meant my layout was a little less creative than previous weeks. It's done and I'm moving on.

This week : I stayed very busy fulfilling shop orders and I noticed my blog reached 300,000 hits (mostly because of the 20 Questions albums. That's a pretty big milestone for a no-name like me!) Spring officially began and the weather was beautiful. Morgan was thrilled to be able to wear a tank top and shorts outside. Mark and I had a date night in Ann Arbor and most of the other photos I documented were from everyday stuff that I haven't shown yet.

Full spread :
Close-up of left side :
This photo of my breakfast was missing something, so I wrote in white Sharpie around the edge "& I always use way too much syrup!" and I love how it turned out. Writing directly on photos can be so nerve wracking! The kraft NOTED is a Silhouette cut :
I slipped one of the word bubbles for my 20 Questions albums in the 3x4 pocket and added a little note about how busy they have kept me lately :
HH is a texting shortcut that my brother-in-law started with my sister when he was "heading home" and we've adopted it too. The quote bubble is a Silhouette cut and I printed a screenshot from my iPhone with all of Mark's HH messages from the last week or so :
Building Lego scenes occurs daily here and this is one Morgan and I made last week. I wrote a funny story, which kind of reads like a news headline, on a Martha Stewart for Avery shipping tag. I stapled down the loose string right on the photo to keep it out of the way :
I love incorporating my Instagram photos in Project Life. Some days I find myself reaching for my phone more than the SLR! I added a little cluster of old + new embellies on this photo of Morgan. Love using up that old stuff :
Close-up of right side. How cute is that top left paper? It's actually from the cover of the latest Paper Source catalog :
Mark and I had a date night in Ann Arbor and went to the best BBQ place. It was fantastic! I kept the drink coaster from my album (actually I swiped it off the table before the waitress could even put my drink on it!). The wood banner is new - from My Mind's Eye (link below) - and I looped a small tag through the hole to add more notes. I wasn't sure where to write my journaling about our dinner so I added it to the edge of the coaster. I'm still full (and craving more) just thinking about it :
The FRI (for Friday) journaling card is a Silhouette cut and I stapled on another small Instagram of my coffee grinder. Yummy fresh beans! I slipped my grocery list (written on Morgan's Hello Kitty paper, heehee) in it's own pocket. Easy :
I wrote directly on the basil photo - I love filling up that white space. The owl paper on the photo with Parker is a post-it from an old Lotta Jansdotter set I bought in NYC years ago.
Simple enough. I suppose there are going to be a lot more weeks like this where I'm not feeling it. I just need to keep pluggin' along. I think I would have more regret about not finishing it than not having made it super cute. As I've said before, there's always next week. How are you other Project Lifers doing? Any loss of interest or frustration? Falling behind due to lack of time? I enjoyed this post from Michelle Wooderson about time spent on Project Life and came away with some great tips to carry on. I'm actually thinking about starting to work on it a little bit here and there during the week instead of all at once at the end of the week. Not sure if that change will work for me or not, but it's worth a try. I'd love to hear what others do - work on each week all in one sitting or a little bit at a time during the week.

Thank you so much for looking and feel free to ask any questions in the comments below!

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week : click the photos for more info

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your Project Life post and how you dealt with the lack of time this week! I love your creativity with it, incorporating memorabilia (like the coaster), and writing on photos. Glad you replied on Twitter so I can follow along on your PL journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, you don't give yourself enough credit - your layout looks awesome. I wish my scrapbook was as creative & fun as yours on an off week. And don't feel bad, I'm two weeks behind. Unfortunately having a newborn means I usually get behind and then get caught up in one big chunk. I hate that because I feel like I forget a lot of the little things. But I still love this format and think it is way easier even if I can't always stay caught up. I figure once the baby is bigger and into more of a routine I can spend more time & be more creative with my layouts. In the meantime I love looking at your pages for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sara. I only WISH my "bad" weeks looked that good. You always do awesome things, week to week! I love looking to see what you did! Can't wait to get together soon and work on mine again. I'm really behind...

    ReplyDelete