Monday, January 30, 2012

Project Life : Week 04

Week 04 : January 23-29

Photos : Parker practicing drinking from a cup, packages ready to go to the post office, Morgan's boo-boo, sneaky Parker getting into the clementines, my handmade gift from Sue, his + hers lunches, and a very cold + snowy Morgan.

Other Bits : I ordered my Link with Love keytag (insert is not the keytag, but the graphic from the website), a Timbits box, the library's storytime calendar, a business card from one of our favorite restaurants, the tag from a clementines bag + the card Sue wrote with my iPhone cover.

Insert : winter scene artwork Morgan + Parker made at storytime.

Click any of the photos below to enlarge. Left side with insert :
Close-up of left side :
My favorite quote of the week from Morgan :
Close-up of insert. Their drawings were 6x9 so I trimmed them down just a 1/2" and slipped them in an 8 1/2" x 11" page protector and cut the excess off the top. I've been cutting off about half of the left margin on these American Crafts page protectors so they match the Design A pages. Then I repunch the binder holes with my crop-a-dile :
Back of insert + right side :
Close-up of Parkers work. The "P" (as well as the "M" on the other side) are old Heidi Swapp chipboard letters that I attached to the outside of the page protector :
Close-up of right side :
Morgan fell and scraped her knee on our way to storytime this week. I attached the photo to the library's January calendar :
You can pull out 'the story' tab and I wrote on a journaling card about how she got her boo-boo. This is the front :
And the back :
I love these foldable 4x6 journaling cards! I used one this week to write down all of the words that Parker has started saying this month :
Inside of the card. I alternated fine + thick pens to distinguish between the words. Can you see my mistake? Oh well, I just went with it :
We went out to dinner to one of our favorite restaurants last weekend. I added some decorative tape to the business card to make a long tab and slipped it behind the journaling card.
I have linked up my Week 4 of Project Life at The Mom Creative.

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week :

13 comments:

  1. love your week and awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I have put the Cuties graphic in my album three times and taken it out for lack of space!
    If I had known the card would make it to your album, I would have tried to write neater :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote about hogging mommy. That's classic. And Hello Kitty DOES making everything better, at least in our house.

    Gorgeous pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many things I like about your pages, the calendar folded in, great idea, especially for the last week! And the two photos in the 3x4 slot with the heart that crosses over, love that look! Keep Calm and Project Life on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! I love the packaging and extras you've included; and that his and her photo is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pages Nicole!! Love your use of arrows & how you shared about your 100 sales in you shop...YAY for you!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ate a CUTIE I have never had one until this year and I love them! they are so easy to peel :) and I love the way you did the fat pen and thin pen when writing the words...there is so much I love about your pages...lots-o-inspiration!!!

    http://aprilbest1981.blogspot.com/search?q=project+life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love your pages. Trying to look at them during the parade at Disney wasn't easy. I'll look forward to digging into them more when I get home. Love the 2 horizontal pics in the vertical slot of Parker. Let's plan that trip to meet each other/see each other soon. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love how you do your project life ! I want to do it this way too. You really inspire me !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you tell me what you are using to create the 4x6 card with the dates of the week that is always in the uppe left hand corner?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy, that 4x6 card comes with the Project Life core kit. I added the actually dates for the week with a date stamp I purchased at an office supply store.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much! I have the kit, I need to look through it more thoroughly :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog! Love your PL..amazing! Any way to subscribe by email to your blog feed?

    ReplyDelete