Thursday, January 26, 2012

Project Life : Week 03

Week 03 : January 16-22

Photos : Morgan + Parker drawing together, working hard on restocking the Etsy shop, iPhone screenshots of the weather + texting with Mark, crafting with mom + Kristin, Mark's view of the Detroit skyline, my 'kini girl + muscle man, sledding + the coolest birthday party ever!

Other Bits : my Target shopping list on the back of an envelope, the tag + receipt from some new boots I bought on sale, Morgan's drawing of Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba + an envelope clipping of Mickey Mouse.

Insert : front side is from our morning of sledding on Sunday. The back contains the invitation and a few photos from a birthday party we went to the same day.

Click any of the photos below to enlarge. Left side with insert :
 
Close-up of left side :
I love these page protectors that you can just slip extra photos into. I presume some weeks are just going to require adding more photos + stories. Close-up of insert :
The labels are from Martha Stewart / Avery (available at Staples). On the edge, I used my file tab punch to make a tab and stapled it on the page protector (a la Elise Blaha) to record the date :
 
Insert + right side :
The birthday party was at a gymnastics center. So much fun! Many kids, including ours, were crying when it was time to leave. Close-up :
Close-up of right side :
I cut up the envelope that we got in the mail about joining the Disney Movie Club. Thought it would be cool to see in future years what Mickey Mouse looked like in 2012 + how he has evolved. He has already changed so much since his debut in the 1920's.

Mark took a picture of his view from the top of the Dime Building in Detroit and texted it to me. He is working on a big project for Chrysler there - very exciting! He had a very busy week at work + I had to include it in this weeks spread :
Yeah, now I'm caught up!

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week :

3 comments:

  1. I love this scrapbook! It looks so easy. Do you think it would be a good idea to document the baby's first year? Or am I getting in over my head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Sara, I don't think you'd be getting in over your head at all! The Project Life format is perfect for a baby's first year. It is hands down the simplest way I can think of to keep track of all of those photos and memories. You should do it!

    I hope all is well with you! I've been thinking about you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really thinking I might try it. We are hanging in there. About a week from my due date so there could be a baby anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete