Sunday, January 29, 2012

my less list : no 05

  1. Take the bag of clothes I purged last week to Salvation Army. Easy. Done. Even had a simple conversation with Morgan about what we were doing there and she seemed to like the idea. :)
  2. Find a solution + make a plan to resolve Parker's night wakings. This falls under the 'less crappy sleep' category. Funny how I wrote this 'to-do' last week and he slept really well Saturday night. Maybe he knows... :) Update : Parker actually slept really well all week, so no 'plan' was made. For now, I will leave this item unchecked until I know for sure it is not an ongoing issue.
  3. Go through my box of scrap scrapbook paper. Time permitting, cut some of it down to 3x4 and 4x6 to use in Project Life album. Completely done. Simple enough and now I have a big stack of equal sized scraps to use for Project Life, since this will be the main, if not only, album I plan on completing this year. These sizes are also perfect for using in minibooks + cards. Good decision.
  4. Make a 29 dinners list for February. This includes browsing my foodie Pinterest boards (meals + more and fun treats) and printing out recipes I want to try. Finished. I tend to put stuff like this off (and I did) but it feels so good to have it done. Meal planning + grocery list making tend to be my least favorite 'chores' each week and this makes it 100 times easier. I may plan to share my master list of meals, and how I use it, soon in a blog post.
  5. Pull old papers out of the filing cabinet + destroy/recycle. Collect necessary tax forms and see what is missing before filing taxes next month. Done. And much quicker than I thought. I think it was because of the major paper purge I did last year. It seriously only took 15 minutes.
Each week I am going to write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed your list, I have some of the same things to work on...including a DD with sleep issues. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a neat way to look at it!! I've been making this kind of list, but you make it sound 'positive' and motivating :). I also like how you keep it to 5 things.

    ReplyDelete