Monday, December 26, 2011

reflecting + a crafty brain dump

My goodness. I knew last weekend was going to fly. I'm still thinking about it and what a wonderful Christmas we had here. We really really did + I hope you and your family did too. While I wrap my head around all the good things that are going on at home, here is a little blog brain dump :

I did not fall off the December Daily wagon with just three days to go. In fact, this afternoon I ordered all of my digital pages / photos from Persnickety Prints. For the sake of saving time (and I have good intentions of completing + photographing the album in full within the next couple weeks), I'm not going to blog those last few pages. If history repeats itself, I should have the photos within the week. They are SO fast + the quality is amazing. Really, try them out if you haven't already! This will be my last photo order for a while since we now have a new printer at home, but I know I will go straight back to them if I need large batches of photos printed in the future.

Other things going on around here : the family room is now an official playroom. Morgan + Parker were spoiled rotten by Santa and their grandparents. That is going to be quite a project getting it organized again, but you know me, I love a good organizing project.

Ali Edwards One Little Word class starts on January 1st and I'm eager to start. Have you signed up yet? My project + experience with the 2011 class is currently being featured on the Inside Access page at Big Picture Classes. If you are a member, just log in and you can read more when you click on 'my account.' I will officially share my 2012 word soon. Instead of a full size album, I'm going to go the minibook route this year. I will also have a limited number available in the shop by the end of the week. It is full of fun colors, patterns and a few embellies - just right for (but not specific to) documenting your One Little Word. I'm excited to show them to you! 

Speaking of the shop, I've been getting a lot of emails asking if and when I will be making the 20 Questions albums again. The answer is yes. And soon. All I can say right now is some time in January. Version 2.0 will feature the same content, the same 20 questions, but more album colors (not just black). I will share the details of their availability as soon as I know. Thank you to those of you who have expressed interest in me continuing to make these little memory books. If you too are interested, watch the shop updates and send me an Etsy convo to be added to the waiting list. Those people will be the first to know when they are available.

Other scrappy fun I want to tackle this week include preparing to start Project Life on Sunday. I have a title page to make and I want to set up a little station at my desk so I can whip up these weekly layouts easily. I've been hanging out at the Big Picture Classes Project Life message board, as well as Studio Calico's. I'll take all the ideas + encouragment I can get!

Ok, I think that's it for now. Time to rest my eyes and my brain. What kind of creative fun do you have planned for 2012? Are you taking any classes or participating in any other projects?

3 comments:

  1. So much to get finished and then prepared for the new year! Thanks for the recommendation for Persnickety Prints, I've just uploaded for the first time. There is NOWHERE up here (Canada) that prints 8.5x11 and I'm loathe to spend the $$ to print at home. I'm looking forward to hearing your word selection for 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved following along with your December Daily photos, WTG!! I'm anxious for our new OLW journey to start, just finished my 2011 album up and it makes me SO happy!! I also did PL for the first time this year and am excited that I completely followed through with two year-long projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the links to PL printables! I love your post on Big Picture about your word on 2011! that where I found you! just today. I am one of your new blog subscribers! I have a question for you, I paid for the class (ali's word class) in august and I was not able to use the content. I plan to do it for 2012, do you recommend to pay the class again? or use the content that I have for 2011? I will appreciate your opinion.

    ReplyDelete