Wednesday, November 9, 2011

prompt : the shop is open for business

My Etsy shop, prompt, is officially open! I'm starting slow, so here are my first two products :

The first item I've listed is based on the feedback that I've gotten on the 20 Questions I asked Morgan on her third birthday.
20 Questions : A Birthday Interview Album for Kids includes an 8" x 8" album, a title page for a short note to the child, and 10 years worth of blank questionnaires to be filled out annually on the child's birthday. Here is a clip of the description from the listing :

Capture memories from your little ones childhood with this scrapbook style birthday interview album. Here is how it works :

Every year, on or around your child's birthday, you ask the same 20 questions listed within the pages of the album and fill in their answers. Questions like : What is your favorite color? What is your favorite song? Slip in an 8" x 8" photo of the child, perhaps from their birthday, on the opposite page. Easy, right? Repeat next year and for the next 8 years. 10 years in all.

Think of how fun it will be to look through this memory album in your child's teenage and young adult years! See how much they changed from year to year. When it's full, keep it for yourself, or give it to the interviewee.

This album was designed to be a fun way to record and remember simple memories from the childhood of your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, godchildren, or any little one in your life. It is gender-neutral with little bits of bright color that will complement the photos from their birthday celebrations now, and for years to come.


I've also included some ideas and resources for printing 8" x 8" photos. I've given several customizing options and you can read all about it here.
After I put together my prototype, I realized some people might not want (or might not have the resources) to print 8" x 8" photos, so I made a very simple supplement paper pack to go with the album so you can print 4" x 6" photos and all of the paper still matches. Plus, it ships for free if you purchase the album and paper pack together.
No, my shop is not filled to the brim with goodies yet. Though I do have a brain full of ideas, I've promised myself to go slow, to not force anything and to make things that I love. I have plans to add some handstamped + embossed holiday tags + cards in the next couple weeks and then some other fun paper goods around the end of the year.

Thank you again for your support, encouragement + excitement. Friday will be my 500th blog post and a little giveaway (that I may have already given away). ;) 

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go breathe a sign of relief.

4 comments:

  1. YEAH!! Awesome. Now on my way to your shop... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! My daughter will be three in March and I can't wait to start this with her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I want one! I can't wait to see what else you are selling!

    ReplyDelete