Friday, November 18, 2011

5 favorites for Friday : Secret Santa edition

For the last 3 years, Mark and I have been part of a Secret Santa gift exchange with my parents, my sister and brother-in-law. Before we exchange names, usually around Thanksgiving, we each have the task of making a wish list that will go inside an envelope. That way, when we choose our name, we have a list of gift ideas too. I don't know about you, but I'm not the kind of person that likes to blindly buy gifts for people, even (and maybe especially) the people closest to me. I want to know that whoever I am buying a gift for loves it.
For the last several weeks, I've been collecting my ideas on Pinterest under my 'I want' board. Now that I look at it, some ideas are keepers, some are so-so. Because I love seeing other people's wish list this time of year, I thought it would be fun to share mine today. I need to narrow down my list by Sunday, but these are some of my top contenders favorites :

Of course, there is a lot of scrapbooking stuff on my list. I love my Crop-a-dile. How did I not know about this Corner Chomper?

I desperately need a new makeup bag. This one is so pretty. And handmade :
Source: etsy.com via Nicole on Pinterest

My craft room is chilly this time of year. These fingerless hand warmers, made by my friend Sue, would be perfect, inside or out :
Source: etsy.com via Nicole on Pinterest

This stainless steel French press is pretty sleek :

Source: amazon.com via Nicole on Pinterest

And last but not least, I'll be waiting to see this watercolor pop up in Kal's shop on Monday. I love it!


Over the years we've had a couple slip-ups where the Secret Santa was revealed while opening gifts, so now part of the fun is making sure we all have the same giftwrap and tags. This year we are going to use newspaper as gift wrap and I made some little embossed monogram-inspired tags.
So, how about you? What's on your wish list? Do the adults in your family or group of friends have any fun gift exchange traditions?

Have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love the tags! (and your gift ideas too) Can't wait until Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you mom! I'm excited too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That french press is dead sexy!

    ReplyDelete