Thursday, October 13, 2011

just me : from a - z

I like looking back at these 'lately', 'currently', 'about me' type posts. Here are my notes from one I found that Vee did last week : 

a. age : 33
b. bed size : queen, but I can see the advantage of a king now that we have kiddies that like to climb in bed with us
c. chore that you hate : cleaning the bathroom
d. dogs : nope
f. favorite color : right now, green
g. gold or silver : silver
h. height : 5'8"
i. instruments you play : I played the clarinet for 8 years
j. job title : wife, mommy, teacher, CFO, memory recorder, keeper of the house
k. kids : two - Morgan (3) + Parker (1)
l. live : Metro Detroit area of Michigan
m. mother’s name : DeLynn
n. nicknames : I don't know that I have one anymore...
o. overnight hospital stays : 2, after my babies were born
p. pet peeves : something that I noticed really bothers me lately is mothers who take their kids to the park to play and pay zero attention to them. On Monday, I took Morgan + Parker to the park and a little 5-year-old girl approached Morgan asking if she wanted to play. The girl, along with her little sister, proceeded to ask me if I'd push them all on the tire swing. It took a few minutes for me to find out who/where the person that brought them there was. Poor girls. Apparently, mommy didn't want to be bothered and had to ask a stranger for help. They were kinda sad to see us leave too.
q. quote from a movie : from Office Space "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."
r. right or left handed : right
s. siblings : one - my sister, Kristin, is 2 years younger
t. time you wake up : 6:30ish - getting up + mostly ready before the kids wake is a big goal of mine
u. underwear : oh, yes
v. vegetable you hate : cooked cabbage
w. what makes you run late : I usually blame it on having to wrangle two kids and all of their stuff out the door. 
x. x-rays you’ve had : just teeth I think
y. yummy food that you make : a few of my favorites right now are pistachio pesto, peas and cheese tortellini, congo bars + chocolate chip cookie oreo fudge brownie bars.
z. zoo animal : gorillas, chimpanzees + elephants

If you want to play along, link your post in the comments. :)

2 comments:

  1. love getting you more, love these! :) I've had that happen to me before at the playground, little boy ran up to us to ask if he could play while his mom was on the cellphone in the CAR!! don't even understand it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fun idea. Here's mine: http://thetwinsandourpup.blogspot.com/2011/10/just-me-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete