Thursday, October 6, 2011

Field Trip : Toledo Zoo

The weather was just too nice this week to pass up a trip down to the Toledo Zoo. We hadn't been there yet and Mark + I were really impressed! Every exhibit was well thought out and I've never been to a zoo where I've felt so close to the animals. And the kids, even Parker while sitting in the stroller, could see everything. These are a few of my favorite photos from the day :
the polar bears
we could watch their every move
the bald eagles
ELEPHANTS! Morgan has been dying to see elephants and freaked when she got to see a mama + her BABY!
the hippos
sharks in the aquarium
the gorillas
this isn't zoomed in - we were THAT close!
I love going to the zoo during the week when it's slower + quieter + fewer visitors. It was a long day of walking + running around, but both Morgan + Parker were rock stars! We had so much fun, Morgan didn't want to go home (well, she really didn't want to go through that drive again) and Parker was sleeping before we even got out of the parking lot. :) We will absolutely be back, especially next summer.

5 comments:

  1. I love the Toledo Zoo. It was one of my kids' favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to The Toledo Zoo since college! Looks great....may have to road trip it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an awesome zoo. Glad Morgan had a chance to see the elephants. I'm sure she about peed herself to see the baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Love how close you can get to the animals. What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had fun at the zoo!! I live in Toledo, so I kinda of take the zoo for granted since it is my backyard! It really is an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete