Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Completed Scrapbook on the Road : Port Crescent State Park 2011

Once I mentally pressed my reset button yesterday morning, all was golden and I was ready to move on with my day. It was a beautiful day, so I took Morgan + Parker to the zoo, complete with a picnic lunch and lots of energy burning in the playground. There was one big mommy brain 'uh-oh' in the parking lot while I was loading up the stroller. I left my wallet at home. Nice! I didn't need any money because we have a zoo membership (and I had that card in the diaper bag), but I needed my license as photo identification. (forehead slap) After reciting our address and every other piece of vital information that I could think of (and promising not to do it again), they let us in. Phew! That could've sucked. We had the best time together, and not one, but both children were fast asleep upon arriving home (I don't think Parker even made it to the freeway) and I got some quiet time to watch my SCRIPTschool videos and sit down. ((angels singing)) Awesome, right?

So anyways, today, I'd like to share my completed Scrapbook on the Road from our first family vacation - camping at Port Crescent State Park - last month. Feel free to enlarge the images if you want a closer look, or to read the journaling.

Beware : it's photo heavy. Every page is shown.

You can also see the entire album on Flickr here. It's kinda fun to look at it as a slideshow too.
 
I really loved putting this album together and couldn't wait to get the developed prints in the mail so I could get to work. It was nice to have the base of the album complete and ready to receive photos and words. Truthfully, I didn't do much work with the album while we were camping. There wasn't much free time with two littles always at our feet. Or when there was, it was dark and we were enjoying our adult company. No biggie though. Instead, I was kept lots of notes in Evernote on my iPhone and printed them out when we got home so I would remember what stories I wanted to tell. The album ended up being a pretty decent size for just a 3+ day trip. That is another nice thing about this mini because you can move your pages around, or completely take them out if you want. If you missed it, you can see my album shell here.

If you made it this far, thank you for looking + reading! I'd love to read your questions + comments below. Are you ready to make a Scrapbook on the Road?

7 comments:

  1. Found you through Ali's tweet this am. Your book is fantastic. Such a great way to share your memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your album, it is really personal and wonderful to look at. I took Ali's class and follow her. You should be proud. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool mini! Loved looking through it. I love your handwriting too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your album!! I have put mine together for a road trip, but didn't have all the ephemera that you do. Yours looks so good! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome album! I love your paper choices. Totally inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome album! I love your paper choices. Totally inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!!! Especially Morgan's remark about being too far on your ride up. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete