Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week in the Life : Day Seven

photos taken : 145 (narrowed down to 64)
number of years of marriage my parents are celebrating today : 35!
number of months old my twin nephews, Logan + Ellis, are today : 4!
number of tomatoes I counted in the garden : 9

Here are the photos + highlights on our last day of Week in the Life : Sunday, July 31, 2011 :
Day Seven and I was having a bit of a hard time not being redundant with my photos. Seems that I was taking a lot of pictures of the kids, or our food, or our feet. :)

8 am : Mark and I are awake and he comments on how it's 8 o'clock and everyone is still in bed. Then Parker squeals! :) Mark makes pancakes for us while Morgan and Parker play on the new sleeping pads and we talk about camping and the new BIG tent. My favorite quote from Morgan today : "I'm not crying, I'm whining!"

10 am : head outside to water the flowers and veggies. We briefly talk about going to the splash pad before lunch but opt to stay home instead. Parker climbs into the pool, fully clothed, to catch his ball. Change Morgan and Parker into their swimsuits and fill up the pool with fresh water.

11 am : make smoothies for everyone - cherry banana for Morgan and Parker, strawberry chocolate malt for Mark, and chocolate banana peanut butter for me. Morgan wants the hose turned on to run through.

12:30 pm : Parker is down for his nap and soon after we talk Morgan into resting inside because it's getting pretty hot out. Mark goes out to run an errand and filled my gas tank. :) Morgan watches Yo
Gabba Gabba and I down a gallon of water.

2:30 pm : Parker is awake and we all eat a late snacky lunch (those smoothies were filling!). Hummus and pretzel crisps, cherries, and chocolate milk. Contemplate what we should do the rest of the day (lots of options) and decide to go to REI to pick up our camping chairs.

4 pm : REI doesn't have our chairs. End up buying Morgan some new sunglasses, plus Smartwools and Camelbak sippy cups for the kids. Head back towards home.

5:30 pm : dinner at Bayside in Walled Lake. Their Sunday pizza special is no more (which is why we went) but we order one anyway. All of the liquids Morgan has been drinking today are catching up with her and she has to potty three times. Food is good, service stinks and Parker is incredibly antsy. He and I take a walk outside to watch the boats on the lake.

7 pm : baths for Morgan and Parker. Blow-dry Morgan's hair while she makes up other words with the letter blocks that spell "Morgan" in her room. I think it's pretty cute that she thinks any combination of letters make other words. Like gonr or aogm. She doesn't like to hear "that's not a word, sweetie", so we just make them up.

8 pm : Parker is in bed and Mark and Morgan share an apple while watching the X Games. She gets a kick out of the BMX Street competitions. Reading, brush teeth, potty + bed.

9:45 pm : Mark + I are sharing a bottle of cherry wine while I write this final blog post for Week in the Life. Breathing a sigh of relief.

What an intense project - recording everything was definitely the hard part. Looking forward to creating the photo collages, filling the page protectors and trimming down the ephemera. And putting the camera away until our camping trip. And getting to bed at a reasonable hour. Well, we'll see about that one.

Thanks for sticking with me this week. For all of the encouragement and nice comments. Can't wait to share the finished product with you!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job documenting your week! Can't wait to see how you put it all together! Love love Morgans favorite quote, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your blog all week and the pictures of my family are great. I had a few days that were hard to get through the photos without my puffs plus, nothing that can't be cured by a Morgan and Parker visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SORRY i'm not anonymous i'ts Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote myself. ha ha I can see how time consuming this project is, but thoroughly enjoyed the posts. Can't wait to see the finished album.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so good to "meet" you through the WITL project this year. I feel sort of like a neighbor -- getting to know you and your family through the glimpses you've provided in your photos and blog. I'll be back to check in on you guys from time to time. Have a great time on your camping vacation.

    ReplyDelete