Wednesday, June 22, 2011

welcome summer catchup

Where, oh where, has this month gone? At least this is only the second day of summer and boy, have we been enjoying it. This little blog break has been good for me. It's been good for Morgan and Parker. And Mark. My time behind the computer has been replaced with more quality time with my family. More time finishing little projects. More time focusing. And now I'm starting to get that itch back to write about how we've been spending our days. First, I need to briefly catch you up:
I got a new tankini from Lime Ricki - the Auburn top and classic yellow bottoms - and I love it! It's cute and stylish and modest in just the right places. If you are in the market for a new bathing suit, their deal of the week is free shipping! They have maternity, girls and men's suits too.

I've been trying to work my way out of a dinnertime rut and am looking for new summer-ish recipes. I made Rachael Ray's Penne with Grilled Summer Squash and Sweet Corn - delish! Next time I won't half the recipe.
Morgan and Parker had their 3-year and 1-year doctor's appointments last week. All checked out well. It was hectic getting two kids together and occupying them in the doctor's office. Then comforting them after vaccinations (bad idea to do dual shots - mama paid for that later with dual crankiness). Their stats, if you are interested: Morgan is 33 pounds and 38 1/2 inches tall. Parker is 22 pounds and 30 1/2 inches tall. Both 50% percentile in weight, 75% percentile in height.

I've been pinning almost daily. Still loving it!

We've been playing a lot at home outside - in the swimming pool, at the water table, walks to visit the ducks, on the swings, riding our bikes, kicking the soccer balls, blowing bubbles, playing golf and even a little t-ball. Morgan has also been a big helper with keeping the flowers watered. :)
We have also been spending quite a bit of time out and about too. At our local parks, at the splash pad, and at the Detroit Zoo a couple times, including once with Kristin, Troy, Logan and Ellis. We've had our first breakfast out at Scrambler Marie's and made our first visit to the Farmington Farmer's Market too.

I've seen more old co-workers this past week than ever since I left work a year ago! I loved catching up with Jeanette, and Vickey and Lynn this past week. So much to say and I can already think of a couple conversations that we never finished because one thing lead to another. :)

Morgan and I got matching pedicures in Essie Meet Me at Sunset. Perfect summer shade. Even for a three-year-old.

I'm having huge chocolate cravings (who's surprised?) after seeing this Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n' Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar. I need to make it! I am going to need about 10 chocolate lovers to come over and help me eat this. I cannot have leftovers left in my house. Any takers?

I'm starting to make a dent in Parker's first year scrapbook but I can't say that I have one complete layout finished yet. It will be about half digital but I have over 40 photos on their way. Slow but sure, I'm making progress. Half the fun has been learning how to use digital layered templates. And chatting with my mom and Kristin. ;)
Parker is officially walking up a storm. He really started movin' just before his birthday and I didn't say much because I wanted everyone at the party to be surprised. He is doing a lot of other cute stuff too, which warrants its own post.

Morgan is now the proud carrier of her own Farmington Community Library card and she's very excited about it. Thanks for the idea, sis! We are going back tomorrow to use it.

I worked on and completed my June One Little Word prompt this week. It involved less writing and thinking and more getting messy, which is not always easy for me - craft-wise. I do like how it turned out though and will post it soon.

Ok, I think that's long enough for now. I did say brief, remember? This is what happens when I decide I need a blog break. I'm out, again. I won't be gone so long this time.

3 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures! Yeah to chocolate cravings (that recipes is something else!) and boooooo to vaccinations!!!!! (yeah, I know, they're necessary, but why do they have to hurt so much?) You sure have been one busy family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. Have been missing your updates but this one made up for it. I'm always up for a chocolatey snack these days (I know , weird but true). =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see everyone's busy, but fun summer pictures. Reminds me I'm not alone in trying to keep up with everything and enjoy the moments!!

    ReplyDelete