Tuesday, May 24, 2011

the view from the loo

Our master bathroom has been in a state of un-done for quite some time, as it's taken a back seat to other renovation projects in our house. Mark busted his butt to get our main living area finished before Christmas and I knew he needed a well deserved break from the constant drywall work, painting and installing something-or-other. Our bathroom is perfectly functional, for the most part, except we can't take a shower in there. Until now. The bathroom is super small, so seriously, this is the view from the loo:
We now have nice clear glass doors for our walk-in shower and Mark also cut four Corian shelves (from scraps left over from the vanity countertop) for the little niche to store our shower essentials. I had to take a photo of them last week before I cluttered them up with my crap:
Pretty, huh? I love having lots of built-in storage and the shower itself is so roomy. I'm looking forward to giving you the grand tour - but there are a couple things that need to happen first. Left on the to-do list:
  • install door trim
  • install mirror over the sink
My desire to call it 'done' by Morgan and Parker's birthday party next weekend has been expressed to my better half. I wish I could do it myself, because I would be soooo helpful if I could. Here's to hoping.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it. Love the shelves.

    ReplyDelete