Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One Little Word : April

This month's prompt for One Little Word was to write a letter to myself. I thought about where I am in my life right now and how 'focus' is going for me. Then, I needed to answer "where I wanted to be one year from now." My letter started out as a list, and it was kind of tricky writing 'you' instead of 'I', but after a couple practice runs, this is what I got out:
click to enlarge + read journaling
Journaling reads:
Dear Nicole,

Right now you are always doing something! There isn't a lot of time for rest right now + when you do find some me time, you feel guilty about it. You are working on that. You are learning that is just as rewarding to cross off a completed 'to-do' as it is to just delete something that isn't important. You love being at home with Morgan and Parker and you are settling into a nice daily rhythm (as opposed to a routine). You are practicing being present + blocking out distractions. It is all a work in progress as you remind yourself that your family is more important that your to-do list!!

One year from now I hope you'll be more calm, more willing and able to relax and less feeling like you have to be doing something constantly. You will have a better handle on getting + staying healthy - eating well + getting active - not just for me, but for Morgan and Parker to see that this is your way of life. I hope you will be spending more one-on-one time with Mark, doing things you both enjoy. You will continue to strip the crap out of your life - the physical, the mental - and focus on what is important to you!

Love,
Nicole

The overall spread includes the back of March's prompt (2 - 5" x 5" inserts: one is just patterned paper with a label tag, the other is another self portrait...I'm going to use the photo above), plus the above letter. I will take a final photo of the complete layout after I develop the photo. It'll be cool to read this next April and see what has changed, and what remains the same.

So much to focus on. One day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. That is a neat idea to write a letter to yourself. A year isn't a long time but definitely long enough to make a conscious effort to focus on what is important for you in that year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog we start our day out by checking it. I have to admit sometimes several times a day if you have posted new pictures of our beautiful grandchildren. I love the group of pictures that keep changing looking back is so much fun, it inspired me to get out a lot of old pictures to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspired me to get going on my OLW stuff. I've been neglecting it and haven't even been to the site yet this month. Arrgggh. I love what you did with the letter.

    ReplyDelete