Wednesday, April 20, 2011

the evolution of an artist

With Mark home to give me a hand, I thought today would be a good opportunity to have Parker paint the canvas I bought to hang in his bedroom.
If you've been reading for a while, you might recall that Morgan painted a 16x20 canvas at daycare when she was just 4 months old. It's hanging in her room, which you can see here. Step one: get Parker (almost) naked.
Since Parker has a tendency to put everything in his mouth, I knew I was going to need another set of hands to help if I expected to get any photos of him actually painting on the canvas. I was kind of surprised that Mark wanted to be on the dirty end and I got to sit and watch and click.
As luck would have it, he never even put his messy hands in his mouth. But, he did put his mouth on the edge of the freshly painted canvas. Napkin in hand, I quickly swiped the paint away before he even realized what he did. :)
Parker had a blast smearing the paint around and loved watching daddy drip more on. It's mostly gray with yellow-green, blue and a smidge of black and white. Can you tell who made the color selections? His excitement eventually turned into boredom and he was done!
We stripped him of his diaper and dunked Parker in the tub. And he was a happy boy again! He loves his baths.

Parker's first real piece of art is drying on the mudroom counter right now and I can't wait to hang it in his room. I'm actually starting to collect some more decor ideas for Parker's bedroom, mostly stuff to hang on the walls, and will be slowing working on moving him into his permanent room over next to Morgan by his birthday. Yeah for better sleep. And yeah for another completed room.

3 comments:

  1. That is priceless. I will have to be brave and try that with our little mister. I know he has an artist lurking inside him somewhere. :D

    What a great idea. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute sister. Maybe we will attempt something like that in future months

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parker looks like a two year old in that last photo! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete