Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One Little Word: March (so far)

Our March prompt for One Little Word is to take action. We had to think about our word and what we want it to invite into our life (from the January prompt). After writing down what I've done so far to help myself FOCUS, I also made a list of more things I want to take action on. Ali encouraged us to choose one thing. To make it something easy. Something attainable. Simple enough.

I chose something that will help me FOCUS on my health and my family. This month, I will FOCUS on getting more sleep. My goal is to be in bed by 10pm. Even if it's just to read or write for a little bit to unwind. Parker continues to wake up 2+ times a night but I find myself staying up later and later. Not a good combination. I'm hoping that, by the end of March, I can get in the habit of going to bed at a decent time because my ultimate goal is to be an 'early to rise' person and enjoy some quiet time before my day begins. Here is a peek at my layout so far. Aren't these Pink Paislee page protectors cool?
outside with flap closed
inside with flap opened
I'm using the calendar page to record my bedtime each night. As you can see, I'm not doing so good on my goal...yet. But, I'm getting better and I've still got a few weeks to go. I am going to write my journaling for the 'documenting my experience' section at the end of the month.
On a similar note, I finally created a cover insert for the front of my album. I'm using an American Craft corduroy album and since Ali doesn't think we are going to completely fill our album with our One Little Word layouts, I decided I'm going to put this year's Week in the Life project in this album too. As far as I know, Ali is on doing her Week in the Life at the end of July, so I will plan on joining the masses and playing along too.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of good reading here, thanks! I was searching on yahoo when I found your post, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to additional from you.

    ReplyDelete