Monday, March 28, 2011

highs and lows

My birthday week (yes, I celebrate the whole week), is not starting the way I had hoped. Lots of highs and lows. Mostly lows. Physically: I'm cold, I can't sleep, I'm hot, I can't breathe, I'm sad, I'm excited, I'm a basketcase. And I'm pre-menstrual to top it off. You ladies know, that always helps, huh? :)

Mark's good news I mentioned last week quickly turned into a waiting game, and then, disappointment for others (and stress for Mark). I hate seeming him stressed out. I feel so helpless. I hope a final decision is made soon and, most of all, he feels confident with that decision.

Parker is whiny, whiny, whiny. He is teething pretty hard and my normally happy baby has been anything but the last few days. And he wants to be held. A lot. Poor thing! Last night's crying spree was due to an upset belly (and not teething), so I was up most of the rest of the night worrying that he eaten a toy or something. Turns out it was just too much spinach.

Our washer will not turn on. Yes, it's plugged in. The repairman will be here midday and I hope it's an easy fix and not something that requires a part that will take a week to get. That would be my luck, ya know.

And the worst news of all, my Grandma passed away. After battling and surviving both breast and bladder cancer, my Mom's Mom passed away on Sunday fighting her last fight, with lymphoma. She was an incredible woman, and a wonderful Grandma. She is so loved and so missed. My heart is really going out to my Mom and my Aunt Pam today and I hope they can find strength in knowing she isn't hurting anymore. {hugs} So sad...

Today: I'm beyond frazzled and I hardly know where to start. My hopes are for lots of laundry, getting started on Hot Spot #4 to get my mind off things, packing up for a road trip, keeping the teething rings icy cold, errands and maybe a manicure. And best of all, counting down the hours until my nephews arrive. 76 hours. Yes, some happy news. The sunshine is pretty nice too.

Trying to stay positive...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Grandma but excited about the babies! Her pregnancy seemed to go by so fast!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete