Thursday, February 3, 2011

The wait is almost over.

Last night before bed, I set our alarm for 2:50am and we slide our laptops under our bed. Mark and I have been so giddy about the iPhone coming to Verizon and 3am this morning was the time that we, as existing Verizon customers, could pre-order our phone. It officially comes out next Thursday, but hell yeah, I'll get up in the middle of the night to get it a little sooner!
 
Sweet, huh?

My cell phones have been as simple as they get over the years. I never got into the smartphone phase and my current is a plain 'ole flip phone with no fancy texting keyboard or anything, so this is a big treat for me. The iPhone arrival came at the perfect time too, as Mark and I were both eligible to upgrade our phones and plans.

I was a little freaked that the ordering process was going to be confusing, or the servers were going to be jammed, or something was going to go wrong. We've always gone into the store to get new phones, so I had no idea what to expect. But it couldn't have been easier. Or faster. We were able to order both phones together and turned off our bedside lamps at 3:06am. They made it way simple. I guess, why else would anyone be on the Verizon website at 3am? Any other crazy excited people order their phone this morning too?

Today: The sickies have now hit Parker, with a fever and a stuffy, runny nose. Plus mad drooling, so of course, let's do a little teething too. I never would have guessed that I would be the one to not be sick, or get it last. I'm not sure what's going around, or how they got it, but I would like it to leave our household, pronto. I think the order of the day will be lots of rest, fluids, hand washing, snuggles and naps. Let's hope this mommy can stay healthy and keep them as happy as possible today. Deep breath.

5 comments:

  1. I was so excited I didn't sleep but a few hours. I really wish we were going to get it early. I don't want to wait until the 10th!
    We logged on a few minutes early and were done before it was even 3:00. Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of you right now!!! I don't get to upgrade until September 15th and I am dieing to get me and iPhone!!! ::tears::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Christina! :( Sue, you're right, I don't think we will get it until next week - VW says on or before the 10th. I'm crossing my fingers for before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny. You really made the jump - from being happy with a non-texting phone to not only getting an iPhone, but waking up at 3am to buy it. Hilarious! =) Hope Parker is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nic, I got notice today that mine has shipped and expected to arrive on the 7th. I am beyond excited!!

    ReplyDelete