Tuesday, February 1, 2011

twice blessed

Kristin's baby shower was last Saturday at Antonio's in Farmington Hills and it was such a fun time! Kristin was surrounded by many of her closest friends and co-workers during the twins Dr. Seuss themed celebration. Here are just a few pictures from the day:
 
Mini fishbowl table favors full of red Swedish Fish and teal blue M&M's for water.
(One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish)
 Baby 1 and Baby 2 (Thing 1 and Thing 2) cakes and invitations.
 The Cat in the Hat balloon holder and a Green Eggs and Ham guessing game.
We also played a game called Daddy Knows Best. We asked Troy a bunch of questions about babies and Kristin had to guess how he answered. Like, how many diapers will each baby need a day, how many diapers does Troy plan on changing each day, how many hours does a newborn baby sleep each day, at what age does a child stop needing naps, how many weeks will Kristin be when she delivers the twins and what will the combined weight of the twins be.

Kristin got a ton of great gifts, including a lot of the big stuff. Plus, the always adorable blankets, booties and baby clothes. So many oohs and aahs and 'oh my gosh that is SOOO cute!' The cutest, though? Kristin! What a hot mama!
And of course, since the twins are children to two CMU grads, Central outfits for two! What a great idea from some of her college friends.
Two months or less. I can't wait to meet my sweet little nephews. I believer the showering of gifts has just begun!

Today: we are building forts under the kitchen table and taking bets as to how much snow we are really going to get in the next 36 hours. The blizzard warning I read this morning says 10 - 15 inches. Lovely. Morgan isn't terribly excited about the snow being past her knees and says she only wants a little bit of snow. Uh oh! I plan on staying warm and consuming large amounts of tea today. And reading my February prompt for One Little Word. And convincing Mark to just stay home tomorrow even though he thinks driving in this crap is 'fun'. And staying off Facebook for a full month, starting today. Seriously. I've even deleted it from my favorites to avoid mindless temptation. More about that crazy challenge soon. Yeah February!

1 comment:

  1. The shower was amazing, thanks to you and mom, and of course all the guests that were there. I will update you on the "2 months or less" after my appointment today. I'll just have to make sure I'm updating more than facebook since you aren't going to be on there for the month....go you!!!

    ReplyDelete