Friday, February 18, 2011

mood lifter

Wow! How about this weather, huh? I've been loving the weather the last few days, but this sunshine is amazing! Love how it is shining through out skylights and brightening up the house. Love going on walks and playing with sidewalk chalk in the driveway. Love not hearing the furnace kick on every 10 minutes. Love the sun and the obnoxiously good mood it has put me in today. Even after hauling around two kids to run errands this morning. And maneuvering them around in a tiny bathroom stall so Morgan could potty. It's no easy feat lifting Morgan up on the toilet seat while holding Parker and keeping him from eating the toilet paper. No whining, no crabbiness, yeah! Anyways, this is a totally random Friday post of little things going on around here the last week or so.
Parker rocked a sweet mohawk last weekend. Cute, huh?

I said goodbye to a bad haircut. I don't know how it happened, but angled bobs do not belong on curly-haired girls that never straighten their hair. Barf. I think I found a great stylist super close to home. Thanks, Val!

I've rounded up boxes of Morgan's old clothes to sell this weekend. Of course, I still have a couple of boxes I can't bear to get rid of. I don't know if it's because she is a girl and has such adorable clothes, or because she was our first born, or a combination of the two (probably).

Lots of babies are going to start making their arrivals as soon as this weekend. Our friends, Tim and Andrea, are expecting baby Tanner. Mark's brother, Nick, and his girlfriend Cortney, are expecting baby Brynn. And, Kristin will be delivering her twin boys no later than March 31st. Yippee!

I am crazy happy with my new iPhone. It is so much fun and so easy to use. And there's all the apps. Phew, quite an addiction! In other tech news, I'm debating upgrading my mac OS. It sounds so NOT fun. I'm gonna need some Genius help for this one.

Not only is Parker crawling on all fours now, but he also started pulling up and cruising this week. As if our middle of the night wakings weren't wild enough. Now he likes to pull up on the side of the crib and scream!

We got an order from Old Navy this week, full of spring and summer clothes for Morgan and Parker. Of course, Morgan had to try everything on and she was very happy that mommy only bought dresses. And new flip flops. At $2.50 a pop, I might want to buy her more. She's been wearing the dresses and flip flops all week and told me this morning "I can't wait until the summer and we can go to the park and I can wear my dress and I'm going to be soooooo cute!" Well, yeah you are!

I'm cranking right along with my December Daily album. I'm finishing up Christmas Day - so, just 6 more days left. It should be done in no time. It's quite a project and it got easier to work on as I went along. It's also much bigger than I thought. I already know I'm going to need larger binder rings.

Our weekend plans: I'd like to order some more weather like this. We are going to Antonio's with my parents tomorrow and maybe we'll tackle our taxes too. Happy sunshine-y Friday to you!

3 comments:

  1. Love the weather! And also love the fact that Morgan loves being a girly girl. Can't wait to see your December Daily album--and am very excited about Antonio's tomorrow--yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. two words. angry birds. (for your iphone).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Mohawk - and yeah angry birds is a bit addicting. Val and Derek introduced me to that one!

    ReplyDelete