Monday, January 17, 2011

getting going

I don't know what it is about Mondays lately. I feel frazzled and unmotivated and exhausted. I know what I should be doing but I'm having a hard time getting going (getting going?).

Last weekend, however, was excellent. Sledding and hot cocoa. Pizza and Great Pumpkin Dessert. Girl time out of the house and shopping with my sister. Fires and a really nice visit with my parents.

This week is full of personal and household goals. First up: focus and snap out of this fog. Mr. Parker is in dire need of clothes. His pants are so tight they look like Morgan's leggings. I can't believe I'm shopping for 12 month clothes for my seven month old. Continue rearranging and organizing around the house. And folding 4 baskets of laundry. My favorite part. Plus I need to cut out the crap that is overwhelming me. Like my Google Reader. And email subscriptions. And I plan to start my December Daily album and eventually share the other little project that involved this big stack of photos.
I think I might be catching on to what would make me feel better. I read this article last weekend and am really taking it to heart. I find the mornings that I can get up even a little bit before the kids are the days that I feel the best. The most focused. The most productive. The most fun. Of course, getting up a little earlier means going to bed earlier. That is not an easy feat for me but this week I'm really going to work at it. Let's see how I do and get going.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an awesome stack of photos. I sure hope you can carve out some creative time!!

    ReplyDelete