Wednesday, January 12, 2011

RIP noo-noo

Monday afternoon, when Morgan was supposed to be napping (we opted for quiet time in her room instead), she ran out of her room, a little bit dumbfounded, holding out her precious noo-noo and said "My noo-noo is broken!" and threw it on the floor.
My good friend, Jeanette, got this little lovey blanket for Morgan back when she was just baby-wait-and-see. You can see from the picture above, that it was just hanging on by a thread, and it was well loved. Here is what it looked like when it was new. When she was about to turn one, she was so attached to it that I was afraid we could potentially have a very upset little girl if we ever lost it, so I bought a second backup noo-noo. After a while, she knew she had two and carried them both around. Now, after almost three years, she still has the backup noo-noo and I've retired the original to her memory box with other goodies like her pregnancy and baby journals and her beloved ba-ba (pacifier).

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! How tragic! Quite impressive after having it for 3 years though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I can't imagine. Was she upset?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, she wasn't upset. More like "how dare you break on me, noo-noo!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhh, attitude. funny

    ReplyDelete