Friday, January 7, 2011

Parker: seven months

  • got his two front bottom teeth just before Christmas. See, he beat Morgan at something!
  • smiles or laughs when he sneezes
  • can get down onto his belly from the seated position, but
  • gets very frustrated that he hasn't figured out how to really crawl yet. Soon, bud! He falls flat when I lift his hips to get him up on his knees. He is getting as much floor time as possible so he can practice.
  • Parker does, however, do a mean push-up and rocks the army crawl.

  • bounce-dances to Yo Gabba Gabba.
  • loves Peek-a-Boo, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, the ABC's sung by Morgan, Coldplay and Rockabye Baby Tool Lullabies.
  • favorite food right now is probably banana. He hasn't completely refused anything yet. Oh wait, except oatmeal. I love how he gives everything a tiny little test bite to see what it is. Parker also loves to practice drinking water from a sippy cup.
  • will turn the tiniest speck of food into a huge mess. But damn, he's so cute! Even in his sister's bib.


  • loves to chew or suck on a wet washcloth - especially after eating or during a bath.
  • graduated from the kitchen sink to the tub for baths. He was making a huge mess, kicking and splashing, getting water everywhere. He loved his first big boy bath last night. Morgan is really excited about them bathing together.
  • puts everything in his mouth and is not afraid to express his extreme dislike for me when I take the bad stuff away or relocate him.
  • completely adores his sister and watches her every move (this isn't a new thing, I realize). I have a cute video from last month that I need to post of them 'talking' to each other.
  • starting to babble, just a little bit, and buzzing his lips, a lot. I love that we are starting to hear his voice. I'm working on 'mama.' We've also been signing a little bit to him - more, milk and all gone. We'll see if it sticks.
  • has become more interested in his toes and promptly rips of his socks during diaper changes.
Happy seven months, P! XO, mama.

Today: we are hanging low and watching the snow fall. Ever so slowly. Parker is battling a runny nose, so I've been trying to convince him how much better a clear nose and dry face feel. He's not having it. My planner is just about filled in and I think I'll be experimenting with how I use the space in the coming weeks. It's very flexible and I love that. I've made time to Shred 6 out of the last 8 days. Not bad. I also received my photo order yesterday and want to sort through that at nap time. I'm hoping by the end of the weekend I can get my thoughts together and have something relevant to write about some day soon. Happy Friday and happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love your army crawl Parker and happy 7 months old.

    ReplyDelete