Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Morgan Lately

 
These are just some of the tidbits of the funny, adorable, 'ohmygod-she's-not-a-baby-anymore-she's-a-little-girl moments from the last few months:
  • is a pro at 12-piece puzzles.
  • while in the children's section at Borders, she asked a little boy "Can I play with you?"
  • explains everything and loves to give us a reason for why she is doing something, needs something, etc. We are hearing a lot of "because...". Sometimes she's right, sometimes she's wrong, but it's always super cute.
  • knows "I'm going to be 3 this year (holds three fingers up), and Parker is going to be one (holds up one finger)."
  • loves car carts at the grocery store.
  • is afraid of the big bad wolf (but loves the story) and thunder.
  • flips over dark (slightly overcooked) pancakes because they are "too spicy."
  • is a fantastic colorer (is that a word?). Never thought I would see a 2-year-old color in the lines.
  • and she also draws the most adorable people. I must photograph and post.
  • puts snack bowls and sippy cups in the sink when she is finished with her snack. Also puts wrappers, tissues and banana peels in the garbage. Love my little helper!
  • tells us to have sweet dreams at nap time and bedtime.
  • "Why?" Why?" "Why?" 'nuf said.
  • knows how to start the dishwasher.
  • nurses her baby dolls and sets her mommy doll in the chair with the baby in mommy's arms to nurse her. My jaw dropped when she did that...so cute!
  • "Morgan has nibbles and Daddy has nibbles and Parker has nibbles. Mommy has pods." I'll let you figure out what she means. :)
  • can talk your ear off.
  • hates having her hair combed. The smallest tangle will send her to tears.
  • dances in front of the (turned off) TV screen because she loves looking at her reflection. Her current must-play-over-and-over-and-over-because-I'm-memorizing-the-words is Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.
  • would eat chickie wickies (chicken nuggets) at every meal if we let her. Luckily she is still a really good eater, for a toddler. 
  • I love that we can have conversations with her. And reason and negotiate with her. And she understands, with very little drama. Most of the time.
  • knows how to turn on the TV in the family room (which is always on PBS). Especially helpful for those rough mornings that we are having a hard time getting out of bed. She loves to watch Super Why in the morning while I'm getting around, dressing Parker and making breakfast.
  • tells me "it was good" after one of "her shows" is over.
  • still loves listening to Christmas music. LOVES Let It Snow and All I Want for Christmas.
  • loves to role play and I'm realizing more and more that I not only need to watch what I say, but how I say it. Sometimes I hear a tone in her voice that I don't like.
  • has been using the potty for the last two weeks with no accidents (knocking on wood). 
  • has also pretty much stopped napping in the same amount of time.
  • And a conversation between Morgan and Mark last November:
Mark: "Morgan, do you want some cereal?"
Morgan: "Sure." climbs up on a chair at the counter "Monkey wants to watch too."
Mark: "Is Monkey a voyeur?"
Morgan: "NO! Monkey is a girl!"
  • And early this morning:
Morgan: "Mommy, why are you sad?"
Me: "I'm not sad, sweetie, I'm just tired."
Morgan: "Why?"
Me: "Because Parker was up a lot last night and I didn't get enough sleep."
Morgan: "Oh. Well that's not very nice."
  • And one of my favorites, "Mommy, you're a great mommy!"
I feel like I'm only skimming the surface. I will probably continue to add on to the end of this post as I think of more. Morgan is such an amazing little girl and I am so happy I get to spend my days with her. I am one lucky, lucky mommy. I love you, peanut!

3 comments:

  1. Love it love it. Even though you've told me many of these on one occasion or another, its good to read them all again. I'm telling you..she's a smart smart girl and as a teacher, she's really going to challenge them! Teachers in Farmington better watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list, but makes me kind of sad that she's so grown up. And I agree with Kristin, she will definitely be challenging the teachers. :)

    ReplyDelete