Monday, May 31, 2010
No baby2 news to report. Any contractions I was having late last week have stopped. We'll have to see what the doctor says on Wednesday. I know she isn't keen on just letting me go much past the 2nd. But, Aunt Kristin is back home. She has given him the 'all clear' so we will just have to see if it works. She is pretty damn persuasive.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
baby2 update: I am 39 weeks today and the contractions are real now, but they are coming and going. Sometimes I have several an hour, sometimes nothing at all. Tomorrow I see the doctor that was on call when I was in labor with Morgan and inadvertently broke my water. I'm looking for a repeat performance. The only thing is my sister is way far away out of town through the weekend. :( Calling her to tell her I'm in labor while she is gone is going to be like telling her we weren't able to find out the sex of baby wait and see. Not cool. It's only a matter of time to see if baby2 is going to hold out for her.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
- sings, sings, sings. Ring Around the Rosie and 10 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed are this months favorites.
- rocks the ABC's - minus E-K
- moved out of her crib to a big girl bed (mattress on the floor for now).
- won't sleep much past 7am. Birds start chirping at 6am and she seems to wake up shortly after - despite her blinds and windows being closed. I think it's funny that she still calls for us when she's awake, even though she is perfectly capable of getting out and coming over to our room. Like she needs permission to leave her bed.
- understands the context of 'okay' and uses it often. Has suddenly become very agreeable. :)
- although she has been quite whiny after school during the week. She doesn't always transition well from school to home.
- quickly moved on from 2 word phrases to full blown sentences. Much of which I've noticed are things we've said to her. Last Friday when Mark picked her up at school and they pulled into the driveway, she saw that his car was in the garage. She said "Daddy's already home!", something I've said when I see that Mark has beat us home after work. Mark reminded her that daddy was right there with her...pretty funny! On Monday, she passed by the laundry room, came in and said "Mommy, what are you doing? Laundry?"
- constantly wants to 'nack' (snack). Especially fruit and graham bunnies. She's a finicky eater again - thinks she will get a snack after dinner if she doesn't eat anything. No ah ah, kiddo. Eating 2 meals out of 3 is usually the best we can get.
- loves to rub mommy's belly and kiss her little brother. I can't believe she is going to be a big sister in the next 4 weeks. Or two years old for that matter.
- and the heartbreaker of the month: Yesterday while we were in the car on our way home from Lowe's, she said out of the blue, "Daddy, I love you" "Mommy, I love you"
Monday, May 3, 2010
Saturday, May 1, 2010
It's crunch time! Baby2 is due in plus or minus 33 days and we haven't slowed down in the project department. Lots of little 'get ready for the baby' to-do's too, like laundry and packing our hospital bags.
The big must do this month is getting Morgan's new room in order. She's done really well this last week with getting used to her big girl bed (and has only rolled out a couple times without even waking herself) and now that we are all moved over into the 'new' side of the house, it's high time I start cranking on her permanent room, hopefully without too much confusion on her part. After the room gets measured for carpet this morning, I'm going in, paint roller in hand.
I've also started collecting storage boxes and bins for the kids toys and hope to get that set up soon - probably this weekend. I've already temporarily moved my scrapbook supplies to one of the cabinets in our new mudroom, so the bookshelf I want to use is ready to go. This will be a fun and easy 'sit on the floor and let Morgan help me organize her stuff' project.
Other things going on this month:
- Morgan's second birthday party
- manicures, pedicures and birthday shopping with my little almost 30 sis
- work on my Week in the Life album
- a long overdue haircut
- stock this place up with food and household essentials
- visit No Pins Required for cloth diapers for my kiddo's
That sounds manageable, right? I better get moving...
P.S. Thank you for all of the nice anniversary wishes. Mark and I had a wonderful dinner, just the two of us, at Cafe Cortina. Lots of laughing and talking and smiling. It was a perfect night. Huge thank you to Kristin for watching Morgan while we were out. And, you can expect some more (and far better quality) videos on the blog in the future. Mark got me a Flip MinoHD video camera for our anniversary. It's so bloody cute. I'm already driving Morgan nuts recording her - she just screams "no no no no" :)