Monday, May 31, 2010
No baby2 news to report. Any contractions I was having late last week have stopped. We'll have to see what the doctor says on Wednesday. I know she isn't keen on just letting me go much past the 2nd. But, Aunt Kristin is back home. She has given him the 'all clear' so we will just have to see if it works. She is pretty damn persuasive.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
baby2 update: I am 39 weeks today and the contractions are real now, but they are coming and going. Sometimes I have several an hour, sometimes nothing at all. Tomorrow I see the doctor that was on call when I was in labor with Morgan and inadvertently broke my water. I'm looking for a repeat performance. The only thing is my sister is way far away out of town through the weekend. :( Calling her to tell her I'm in labor while she is gone is going to be like telling her we weren't able to find out the sex of baby wait and see. Not cool. It's only a matter of time to see if baby2 is going to hold out for her.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
We are keeping Morgan on a twin mattress on the floor for now. Until she is really good about not rolling out when she is sleeping and can climb in and out of a bed on a frame on her own. We found her on the floor quite often the first couple weeks but so far so good since she's been in her new room. Her comforter is from Target. The butterfly sheet set is Dwell for Target. The dresser and hot pink lamp are from Ikea.Morgan's Eames shell rocker will probably find a home in baby2's room soon since I haven't found a rocker I love (or can afford) for his room yet.
A-Z print from Blue Art Studio The Ikea curtains in her closet opening are already nicely wrinkled (and longer from her pulling on them). She likes to run in and out saying "where's Morgan?"Pink vinyl bird wall decals were made by my mom on her Silhouette.
The pink and purple canvas painting has been waiting for a permanent home for a long time. Morgan painted it at school when she was 4 months old.
Black bird hooks from Urban Outfitters
I used Ikea Ribba picture ledges to made a perfect front facing bookcase for Morgan. And she loves sitting and having a book read to her. I will probably rotate out these books from the rest of her collection because I feel like I've read these over and over already. :) The pillows in the reading nook are from Urban Outfitters, Ikea and Target. Polka dot piggy bank from Pottery Barn Kids. 3-dimensional white wall flowers: UmbraShelf is from Ikea. Letterpress print by Elise Blaha. The lion and giraffe are from my baby shower for Morgan.Oh sweet girl print by Kal Barteski. The Ugly doll was the first thing Mark and I bought for baby wait and see.
I'm so happy Morgan's room is finally complete (and I'm sure she is too). Other than a few little personal items I'm sure I'll add and take away as time goes on, I can now say it's done.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
On the agenda:
- groceries, Carters, Babies R Us and Ikea
- closing on our refinancing this afternoon (ching ching ching)
- party prep and more lists for Morgan's birthday party next weekend
- 30 loads of laundry
- move our patio furniture outside if it stops raining
- and of course, Morgan's room
Her room is completely painted. Even that pain in the ass closet that we so wisely decided to keep intact. Ha. I have received all of the fun mail I've ordered in the last two weeks. We'll likely receive word on the carpet installation some time next week (Mark got a call Wednesday that it is in stock and ready to ship) but until then I need to move this mess:Back to Morgan's closet:Plus I will probably start hanging stuff on the walls. Stuff I've been collecting for over 2 years. Fun stuff - which I'll gladly take over all the painting and long nights this past week. It's such a relief to see this room pulling together and having a permanent bedroom for our sweet little peanut to grow and play and get her beauty sleep in. Let's hope it looks as cool as I envisioned it.
P.S. I'll take more pics as I go but right now it's a bit of a dungeon in there because the sun won't come out.
Happy weekend to you.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
- sings, sings, sings. Ring Around the Rosie and 10 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed are this months favorites.
- rocks the ABC's - minus E-K
- moved out of her crib to a big girl bed (mattress on the floor for now).
- won't sleep much past 7am. Birds start chirping at 6am and she seems to wake up shortly after - despite her blinds and windows being closed. I think it's funny that she still calls for us when she's awake, even though she is perfectly capable of getting out and coming over to our room. Like she needs permission to leave her bed.
- understands the context of 'okay' and uses it often. Has suddenly become very agreeable. :)
- although she has been quite whiny after school during the week. She doesn't always transition well from school to home.
- quickly moved on from 2 word phrases to full blown sentences. Much of which I've noticed are things we've said to her. Last Friday when Mark picked her up at school and they pulled into the driveway, she saw that his car was in the garage. She said "Daddy's already home!", something I've said when I see that Mark has beat us home after work. Mark reminded her that daddy was right there with her...pretty funny! On Monday, she passed by the laundry room, came in and said "Mommy, what are you doing? Laundry?"
- constantly wants to 'nack' (snack). Especially fruit and graham bunnies. She's a finicky eater again - thinks she will get a snack after dinner if she doesn't eat anything. No ah ah, kiddo. Eating 2 meals out of 3 is usually the best we can get.
- loves to rub mommy's belly and kiss her little brother. I can't believe she is going to be a big sister in the next 4 weeks. Or two years old for that matter.
- and the heartbreaker of the month: Yesterday while we were in the car on our way home from Lowe's, she said out of the blue, "Daddy, I love you" "Mommy, I love you"
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
Saturday, May 1, 2010
It's crunch time! Baby2 is due in plus or minus 33 days and we haven't slowed down in the project department. Lots of little 'get ready for the baby' to-do's too, like laundry and packing our hospital bags.
The big must do this month is getting Morgan's new room in order. She's done really well this last week with getting used to her big girl bed (and has only rolled out a couple times without even waking herself) and now that we are all moved over into the 'new' side of the house, it's high time I start cranking on her permanent room, hopefully without too much confusion on her part. After the room gets measured for carpet this morning, I'm going in, paint roller in hand.
I've also started collecting storage boxes and bins for the kids toys and hope to get that set up soon - probably this weekend. I've already temporarily moved my scrapbook supplies to one of the cabinets in our new mudroom, so the bookshelf I want to use is ready to go. This will be a fun and easy 'sit on the floor and let Morgan help me organize her stuff' project.
Other things going on this month:
- Morgan's second birthday party
- manicures, pedicures and birthday shopping with my little almost 30 sis
- work on my Week in the Life album
- a long overdue haircut
- stock this place up with food and household essentials
- visit No Pins Required for cloth diapers for my kiddo's
That sounds manageable, right? I better get moving...
P.S. Thank you for all of the nice anniversary wishes. Mark and I had a wonderful dinner, just the two of us, at Cafe Cortina. Lots of laughing and talking and smiling. It was a perfect night. Huge thank you to Kristin for watching Morgan while we were out. And, you can expect some more (and far better quality) videos on the blog in the future. Mark got me a Flip MinoHD video camera for our anniversary. It's so bloody cute. I'm already driving Morgan nuts recording her - she just screams "no no no no" :)