Friday, December 17, 2010

12.17.2010

Today was just an ordinary, hang-around-the-house day. Parker napped extra long this morning and I got to spend lots of one-on-one time with sweet Morgan. All she wanted to do is play with mommy - how could I say no, or ask her to wait a minute while I finished what I was doing, or say maybe later. We had so much fun and I was so focused on her and the stories we were playing out, that I forgot to snap a picture of us. I wish I had a picture, other than the one in my head, of her smiling and giggling and running circles around me. It was moments like this that remind me that my babies will not be little forever. They will not want or need our constant attention forever. That I need to cherish this time with them. Because there is so much other stuff that can wait. And time flies.

We have had some especially trying times, with both Morgan and Parker, this past week. Between the teething, the crying, the growth spurts, the separation anxiety, the jealousy, the tantrums, the increasing independence and more, I'm reminded that not every problem is something that needs fixing. Instead of researching and reading and looking for a cure, a solution, I should follow my heart and my mommy instincts. Hopefully, with less guilt or stress. Every day is different and every morning we wake up hoping for a fresh start and another opportunity to learn and spend time together.

So, today's page is going to be all about words. I am writing a letter to Morgan and Parker. About how much I love being their mommy, about the things I've learned, about the traditions we are starting this first holiday season as a family of four, and I hope as they get older, that they have fond memories of this special time of year.

I am so excited to complete this little album. Not just to look through it again next December. And the next. But for Morgan and Parker to get to flip through the pages in a few years. And read them when they are older. And see what life was like during some of their first Christmases. And know just how much they are loved and adored.

1 comment:

  1. Very precious words...they left tears in my eyes when I read this (gotta love the emotions flowing in a pregnant woman). Morgan and Parker are loved more than anyone can say. You deserve lots of credit for all that you do with them everyday, but you're right...you have to take time to enjoy time with them too!

    ReplyDelete