Tuesday, November 9, 2010

while I was out

Phew! Between my self-imposed internet break and being router-less last week, I got a large chunk of my to-to list completed. This is just a bit of what we've been up to the last 2 weeks:
  • I survived several solo trips to the grocery store with both kids for a full weeks' worth of food. Zero crying and zero tantrums!
  • I got a much needed pedicure at Luv Pedicures in Livonia. Kristin and I went to their Rochester Hills salon before Parker was born and I loved it. I'm so happy they have one on my side of town now. The tech made me chuckle when she told me I had runner's feet. Ha! Maybe from running back and forth from my bed to Parker's room in the wee hours of the night. Chose a shimmery plum called Damsel in a Dress. How fun would it be if your job was to name nail polish colors?
  • Lots of work going on in the living room. The drywall work is done and I have lots of pictures to share in a separate post.
  • Morgan has really gotten into role playing with her dolls and Little People. It's absolutely adorable to watch her as they talk and play. Especially when I hear her repeating things, that Mark and I have told her, to her babies. Like, try it you'll like it, it's time to take a nappy nap, or please listen to me.
  • The kids and I joined Kristin and my parents to visit my Grandpa and go to my Grandma's gravesite. Her headstone is in and it's very nice. She is so missed.
  • I started working on my December Daily album. I'm almost done putting it together and once I'm done I'm going to add it to the flickr group and share it here. It's really cool and it's already over an inch thick. I hope I can keep up with it next month.
  • I find myself watching bits and pieces of Ellen in the morning. I've been itching for a haircut and am a smidge tempted to go Ellen-short.
  • I started stocking the freezer with homemade baby food for Parker. I remember how much I loved doing this for Morgan and it's so freakin' easy! So far we've got peas, butternut squash, pears and sweet potatoes. Such pretty colors and yummy fall flavors.
  • I remade the cover for my pregnancy album. I'll post pictures of the whole thing soon.
  • I've been trying to catch up on a stack of magazines with little success. And now it's only going to get worse with all the holiday catalogs that are bombarding our mailbox.
  • Speaking of which, I've been working on Christmas wish lists for the kids. We've been talking to Morgan about Christmas and Santa and she loves seeing the Christmas trees on display when we shop. Yesterday she asked me "Mommy, what do you want for Christmas?" Each year just gets more fun and exciting!
  • We lived through our first power outage of the season. It took 24 hours but we stayed busy and stayed warm. Morgan had her first experience at the kids play area at Twelve Oaks Mall. Holy crazy rowdiness. I plan to avoid the Sears wing for a long, long time.
  • Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Chai has been trumped by Zingerman's Pumpkin Chai as my favorite fall treat. So so good! Sue, it's another reason to come with me to Plum Market!
Old to-do's have been replaced with new to-do's so I continue to stay busy busy. Such is life. I'm thrilled with the weather so far this week though and we plan on spending as much time as we can outside. We went to the park after lunch yesterday and it was dead. We were the only ones there and poor Morgan was so bummed. "Where are all the kids, mommy?" I hope to have some better luck today at another park.


It's good to be back...

2 comments:

  1. Name the time and day and I'll be there!
    p.s. I think you would look adorable with an Ellen cut. Maybe a little bit longer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I love the frequent posts! I bet you can't wait to take Morgan to see Santa. That'll be fun! Also, your hair was way cute when you had it cut short "back in the day". Is that the type of cut you're thinking about?!?

    ReplyDelete