Tuesday, November 16, 2010

December Daily 2010

My December Daily album is prepped and ready to fill. The majority of my photos are shown in the flickr group, if you are interested in the page-by-page.

I used a variety of patterned papers, transparencies and envelopes. One of my goals was to use supplies that I already have and I did really well. I had a lot of Christmas paper that I bought a couple years ago when I originally planned on making my first December Daily album. The only things I purchased for the project were the white embossed cardstock for the cover and Ali Edwards digital overlays for each daily page.

I didn't stray far from the way Ali designed her album. Each day has a cover page (which are the photos I've taken - the patterned paper and transparency pages with the date) and then a template page (Ali's overlay) which is where I will add a photo(s) and journaling for the day. Everything is bound by three 2" inch binder rings. Even though the album is already over an inch thick, there is plenty of room to grow!

In an attempt to not get overwhelmed and toss the whole project, I spent the last week doing an assembly line to put the album together and tried to do a little bit each day. Printed the template pages, trimmed down the paper and transparencies, trimmed the template pages, punched holes, made the cover, added the date numbers and embellishments, took photos for the flickr group…

I chose to do all 31 days of December, instead of just the first 25.  We often meet with family and friends between Christmas and New Years and I would like to record those get togethers too.  Plus, Mark doesn’t work that week so I’m sure our little family will be keeping busy.

I plan on journaling each day on the blog in December but I’m not going to actually work on the album until after the New Year when I can have all of the photos developed together. And hopefully it will be done before next Christmas.

Edited on March 2, 2011 to add: It only took 2 months, but you can see my completed December Daily 2010 album here.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Especially the transparency with the wording in a circle. Is that Ali's or something you had? Looking forward to seeing it filled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tag on your cover - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you cover... going over to flicker to check out the rest of you foundation pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cover... can't wait to see more! ~ kimmy

    ReplyDelete