Monday, October 11, 2010

weekend update

I'm in a bit of a brain fog this morning, but I thought I'd try to get a few things out:
  1. Yo Gabba Gabba was awesome and there will be a post all it's own once I get a chance to look at all the photos and videos. Morgan loved it and of course, it only encouraged her obsession.
  2. Mark and his mom had an incredibly productive weekend. They removed all of the old warped wood flooring in the living room, the carpet in our little sunroom area, and the nearly impossible slate floor from the entry and replaced it all with new subfloor. It's all pretty much ready for new bamboo floors. But first,
  3. They also started to remove the wood on the walls in our living room. We were just going to remove and drywall one wall, but I don't think we'd be completely happy with the look. So we are going to bite the bullet (assuming the drywall quotes aren't outrageous) and drywall the entire living room. It's going to look so nice and bright in there when it's done.  Here are a couple during and after pics:
We moved all of our furniture and toys into the family room for the time being.  It's nice and cozy over there. Last night though, Morgan came out of her bedroom looking for us. She is probably so used to hearing us talk and the tv on at night. It's so quiet on that side of the house now.

Today: we are contacting a couple of people to get drywall quotes this week. Plus a trip to the library to return and loan out more books for Morgan. A day long nap would be fantastic. This one-hour here, one-hour there sleep thing is really wearing on my nerves. And my patience. deep breath

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That is a TON done since I even left on Saturday afternoon. Impressive! I hope you are able to get everything done today that you want to sis! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your living room is going to look huge with lighter walls. And I must admit, I'm really looking forward to more info about Morgan and her special Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete