Tuesday, October 19, 2010

speaking of coffee

My mother-in-law really knows how to take a hint!
I posted on Facebook a few weeks ago - asking if anyone used a french press instead of a regular coffee maker. And I got a lot of positive feedback. I had to have one. So I mentioned it to Mark and he looked at me with a bit of a sad face, saying maybe that would be a good Christmas gift idea. Damn - I was hoping not to have to wait that long. And I didn't. When Linda came down the weekend we took Morgan to see Yo Gabba Gabba, she came bearing gifts for all of us and guess what I got?!?
I made my first pot of joe with my new french press on Saturday and it was delish. And so easy. Put a few scoops of coarse ground coffee into the pot. Add hot water. Stir. Sit 4 minutes. Press down the plunger and pour into the mug. Fun, huh? Thank you again, Linda!

Anyone have a favorite ground coffee to share?

I've already consumed my fair share of coffee today due to two very early waking children. No one wanted to sleep in their own bed and no one wanted the lights on either. Well, sorry Charlie. Parker was taking his first nap by 8am and both he and Morgan are rather happy right now. It must be the sunshine because it's working for me too. Weird but true. I'm not sure what we are going to do to fill our day and keep it from feeling so long, but I think we'll go outside for a while once it warms up. I should probably get up and get motivated.

2 comments:

  1. I know you will enjoy it. I'm always listening to get ideas for my Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole!!

    Illy coffee from William Sonoma is super good for a treat, but not so good all the time for the pocket book. We used it with our espresso machine and LOVED it.

    for a inexpensive alternative (to Starbucks), we love the Dunkin Donuts brand. You wouldn't think it would be good, but it is. They sell it now at Sam's now too.

    ReplyDelete