- tipped the scales today at 16 pounds 5 ounces (75th percentile) and 27 inches long (97th percentile). I guess that is what happens when you are eating around the clock. He is wearing 6-12 month clothes!
- is so damn happy. He rarely ever cries. We really lucked out...again!
- was randomly rolling back to belly while swaddled (!) at the beginning of the month. That's when the I-just-want-to nurse-all-night-long fun began.
- not a big fan of being bottlefed. We are experimenting with different bottles, nipples and positions. So far the Adiri bottle has been his favorite, but he still only take a couple ounces. Last week he wouldn't drink his bottle unless he could see me, which was kind of pointless.
- is reaching for toys put in front of him and overhead. Now he is using both hands to grab objects (and of course, put them right in his mouth).
- loves to look at his reflection in the mirror.
- has become more vocal - happy, tired, frustrated or hungry - he's not shy about letting us know how he's feeling. The little dude can be loud!
- graduated to baths in the kitchen sink and loves the extra room to kick and splash.
- his moro reflex has finally disappeared.
- started sucking his thumb and gnaws on his fists so hard he gags himself.
- his hair has really started to grow this past month, nice and thick.
- pumps his legs so he can bounce himself in his bouncy chair. And he loves the activity bar that attaches to it, especially the frog that plays music.
- in fact, he loves all of those blinky-light-music-playing sensory overload-type toys.
- enjoys walks in the stroller with the canopy back so he can look up at the sky and the trees.
- loves to take his afternoon nap in our bed. He looks so cozy and will sleep for a good 2 hours, it's hard to not let him doze off there. Plus I can get a little rest too.
- pulls. hard. Morgan and I have both been victims to his hair pulling and now wear ponytails almost all of the time.
- sticks his tongue out when he is trying to do something new.
- LOVES to watch Morgan run around, play, eat, sing and dance. He is completely mesmerized by her.
- and last but not least, Parker rolled belly to back this past Sunday! I was so excited and he just looked at me like "what?" and did it 3 more times.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Parker: four months
Written by Nicole in: Parker