Tuesday, October 5, 2010

fall want-to's

The kids and I met up with Sue last Friday (complete with Pumpkin Spice Chai, of course) and after she mentioned how fast September went, I started to freak a little in my head about how quickly the next three months are going to pass. There is so much happening and so much I want to do:
  • take Kristin and my mom to Elephant Ears in Ann Arbor.
  • the renovation continues but with no particular goal before the holidays. As much as I would like to say anything would be finished by Christmas, I suppose all that is important is that it's clean enough for company. I need to find my patience and accept that 'it is what it is'.
  • a trip to the zoo on a nice but cool day where the animals will be out and about instead of hiding in their caves.
  • visit my Grandpa Frahm and see my Grandma's gravesite.
  • celebrating my mom's birthday.
  • Halloween - must think of costumes. Anyone want to take a wild guess what Morgan would like to dress up as?
  • making time to scrapbook - I'm especially looking forward to making my first December Daily album. I think Ali is going to blog about it this week.
  • finding out the sexes of the twins
  • celebrating Mark's birthday.
  • Thanksgiving - thinking about going to the parade this year. I haven't been since I marched in it in high school.
  • exchanging Secret Santa names with my family.
  • I have this hairbrained idea to make Christmas ornaments. As if I don't have enough to think about. It's still an idea.
  • and of course, other customary fall activities like burning fires, drinking hot cocoa, popping popcorn, and hitting up the cider mill before they close around Thanksgiving.
  • and holiday related stuff like picking out a Christmas tree, decorating, making cookies with my mom and Kristin, taking the kiddo's (at least Morgan) to see Santa, designing and sending out cards, and oodles and oodles of gift buying.
This week is a pretty big baby week. Not for us, but for 2 sets of very good friends of ours. I think this is the week that Tim and Andrea find out the sex of their little bean. I'm rooting for a girl so they have one of each. Dave and Angie will be welcoming their little princess, Aubrey. They too will have one of each. Plus, last week Mark's brother, Nick, found out he is going to be a daddy to a girl!! Yeah!

Damn, I have some planning to do. But first, we are heading over to Morgan's school to visit some old friends and say hi. I asked Morgan if she'd like to go see them and she said "no thank you, mommy"  Uh oh, let's see how this goes.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good list going. I'm glad you are up for an Elephant Ears trip. I'd love to check it out. The twins sex will be revealed on November 16 (as long as they cooperate). That's also quite funny that Morgan wasn't all about seeing her friends at school. That could be interesting -- and maybe a blog all in itself! =) I'm getting excited about the holidays too...it's not too long now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always more stuff to do than time to do it in. Take it one step at a time and remember to have fun along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy fall. I was just thinking about Christmas cards the other day.

    ReplyDelete