Friday, October 1, 2010

counting down

Morgan took a shorter than usual nap yesterday, so to keep her quiet while Parker was sleeping, we made a "Countdown to Gabba" poster.  I printed the character coloring pages from nickjr.com for her to color while I punched out 8 circles - one for each day until we take her to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live.  I trimmed them, Morgan glued down their faces and we added "___ days 'til..." in the center.  Right now it's hanging in her room and we'll change the countdown number every morning until next Friday.  She's starting to understand more now and has been telling me "we're going to visit Gabba next week!"
I think I'm as excited as she is!

Today: we going to try to keep ourselves busy because it's just the three of us and it might feel a bit looonngg. Mark is going to see Thom Mayne lecture at UofM tonight after work (good luck getting in, babe), so we've planned to meet him for lunch this afternoon. Maybe a nice long walk to the park if it is as nice as it's been the past couple days. And we'll definitely be eating yogurt.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it. You can tell by her face that she is geeked about "seeing Gabba". I can only imagine her shrieks when she really sees them. What a cute idea! Have a good lunch date too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if you still read older comments, but about a half dozen of my students said they are going to Yo Gabba Gabba's night show on Friday because of younger siblings (It came up because some of my students were already talking about what they are doing next weekend). It's amazing how many of them (and their siblings) watch it too. Talk about getting off on a tangent in class today...whoops!

    ReplyDelete