Monday, October 18, 2010

coffee, stat!

Another great weekend here! I got some time out of the house and was otherwise rather unproductive, which actually was a nice change of pace.
  • I had lunch with Jeanette, and Morgan inherited her son's Fisher Price Little People (which she LOVES) and Lincoln Logs (which Mark loves!).
  • I made Bakerella's Congo Bars. They were awesome and I will be baking these until we are congo-bar'd-out.
  • I bought some coffee at Plum Market so I could try out in my new french press over the weekend (more on that later) - Zingerman's Roadhouse Joe and Mountain Country Coffee's French Roast - both Michigan coffees. Both very good.
  • I had a fun day on Saturday with my mom and Kristin. I finished my pregnancy (with Parker) album but I think I want to redo the cover. I will post some pictures when it's done. While I was gone, I got a call that a certain little girl wanted me to come home. I forget that I'm never really away from her. I know she had a fun day with her daddy, but it was a nice feeling to be missed.
  • Kristin and I zipped out to Elephant Ears to take advantage of their weekend sale. She scored a double stroller and car seats for 20% off and Morgan got new kicks.
  • I went grocery shopping at the very last possible minute (note to self: don't shop on Sunday evenings unless you are okay with empty shelves and poor selection). I about peed my pants when I saw more Strawberry Milkshake Oreo's. I grabbed two packages and ran.
Today: the bare minimum. My only goals are clean dishes, clean laundry and baths. Parker is particularly fussy and in no mood to play today. I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it is because of the shitty sleep we both got last night. Morgan is running around the house in her Hello Kitty undies and new mary janes. Cute. This week I just want to work on getting the house back in order from the past weekend and for the coming weekend. Time to get back into our routine. No more late naps and late bedtime and no errands if I can help it.

1 comment:

  1. where did you find the Oreos? I've been looking ever since you mentioned them!

    ReplyDelete