Wednesday, September 22, 2010

pregnancy survival kit

When I found out that Kristin was pregnant, right away I was trying to think of a cute but thoughtful gift for her. A pregnancy journal came to mind but I wanted something a little more personal. I started to think of some of the things that helped me get through those 40 weeks, especially the first trimester, and I made a list of a few of my favorite prenatal goodies.Food: cravings and morning sickness came and went but there were a few reliable standbys that settled my stomach. Namely, saltine crackers, Jolly Ranchers and Sprite. Belly Chews and Preggie Pops were good too.

Medicine: Tylenol PM for those achy nights in the final weeks when you just can't get comfortable and sleep. And Tums for heartburn and tummy aches after eating too much.

My favorite quick read: Fit Pregnancy magazine

My favorite moisturizer (and stretch mark prevention aid): The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body ButterI wrapped everything up in colorful tissue paper, punched some scalloped labels to describe what was inside and bundled it all up in a kraft colored gift bag. Simple and sweet. Just like Kristin and those beautiful babies. I'm so glad she liked it.

4 comments:

  1. You mean LOVED it. Everything has come in handy. My personal favorites (or used most often -- jolly ranchers and TUMS). Tylenol PM has come in handy the past few nights. Thanks again...so thoughtful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have given a basket full of TUMS. Nothing else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that what a cool idea. I'm sure Kristin will benefit from all your solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry--- I mean...Oh, that was a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete