Monday, September 20, 2010

just another manic Monday

We had a pretty nice weekend around here. It was one of those weekends where we didn't have anything planned and much of it was last minute. "Hey, you wanna go here-and-there?" "Yup, let's go" Quickly packed up the diaper bag and out we went.

On Friday night we went to the Ferndale DIY Street Fair because at the time, it looked like the best day to go since it was supposed to rain on and off all weekend. Of course, in hindsight, Sunday would have been a nice day too. We ran into our friends Parks and Nicole and their 3-year-old son, Landon. I can't believe how big he's gotten. And I can't believe we only live 15 minutes away from each other and somehow haven't seen them since Morgan's first birthday party.

The rest of the weekend was full of football, relaxing, a little shopping and way too much whining. Man oh man, Morgan was unbelievable. Especially Saturday. Sometimes I felt so bad for her and tried to get her to tell me what was wrong (or at least comfort her). Other times I just wanted to run and hide. Please don't tell me I am supposed to be preparing for her teenage years already.

And then there's poor Parker. He has been all out of sorts with his nighttime sleep this past week.  He went from waking just once a night (if that) to waking 3+ times a night. He's figured out how to roll on his belly while he is swaddled and thus, waking himself up. Or he'll just randomly wake up screaming. We've been trying everything - swaddle, unswaddle, fan on, fan off. He even spent one night in our bed so he and I could get more sleep. Some nights I don't even remember how many times he woke up, or I'll wake up and not remember if I put him back in his crib. It's been completely exhausting and I hope he gets over it soon.

Our plans are pretty loose this week. Story time at the library, catching up on my Google Reader, a play date at the Farmington Gymnastics Center and watching the new House. Possibly priming the kitchen and narrowing down a paint color? And maybe if I can luck out with simultaneous naps, I want to work on a new blog banner. Tonight, Mark is going to the Tigers game after work, so this is going to be a really long day if we don't get out of the house for a little bit and burn some energy. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Great photo of you & Parker :)
    Hopefully everyone will stop being out of sorts soon. Lots of naps to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture and header also!

    ReplyDelete