Monday, September 27, 2010

frazzled

Monday again and day to day events are beginning to become a big blur to me. Parker's evenings aren't improving at all and that is leaving me a frazzled mess. And by frazzled I mean rundown and disorganized. Apparently he just doesn't want to eat during daylight hours now. Super. So I'm trying to wing it and hope this is just a phase. Maybe it's a growth spurt from hell. His 4-month checkup is next week so I'm hoping to get some good input from the pediatrician.

I usually make a weekly plan of things to do on Sunday evenings but not last night. Instead I went to bed to get a little sleep before waking number one. I don't like starting out a new week without some idea of what we are going to do but that's just how it's going to have to be today. My mind is a little jumbled and I find myself chanting things to remember over and over until I can get to a pen and paper to write it down. Mark shouldn't be surprised when he comes home and I look just as I did when he left for work in the morning - dirty hair and still in my pj's. I've declared a lazy day today and Morgan says she is okay with that. We can go to the park another day, mommy. Today: take a break from this computer and be present, see if I can get a certain someone to nurse for more than 3 minutes, naps and if I'm lucky, a shower.

4 comments:

  1. i've heard it called the 4 month wakeful. growth spurt and usually it means very very little sleep. Jack didn't experience this, but then again, he doesn't grow much either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your little man will pass through this soon. I wish you much strength!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sorry Sis. If it gives you any consolation, just think about how I am going to have to deal with situations like that with 2 of them waking up! I love how Morgan just goes with the flow. At least she is "cooperating". Many hugs from over here. I hope tomorrow goes better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Hope this doesn't last much longer. Hugs to Morgan for being a "big" girl.

    ReplyDelete