Monday, May 3, 2010

Play on, player

On Saturday we got the kids new play area set up. It's still in the same area of the house - in the sunroom at the back of the house, but now the toys are a little more organized and with lots of room to grow. Here's what it looked like before we started.Mark helped me turn my Expedit bookshelf on it's side and he removed the legs from one of the short sides to a long side so the shelf can lay the long way horizontally. After pulling all of the bins and toys away from the wall, we put the shelf in place and Morgan and I started sorting and organizing. Legos, alphabet blocks, balls, stuffed animals and so on.I even pulled out Morgan's old infant toys and activity play mat for baby2 so Morgan can start getting used to the fact that she is going to have to start sharing her space. I have to find a couple more bins for the rest of her toys and fill those last two cubbies - one for her coloring and activity books, one for her dolls and one for her playsilks and still lots of room to rearrange, consolidate and grow. Morgan is getting a kick out of everything being at eye level, I think it looks a lot better than it did and I'm happy Mark thinks so too!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I also like the fact that you kept it in that area. Just seems like the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome =) It's all coming together!!!!

    ReplyDelete