Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Big Girl Room: After

Well, since it looks like I'm not going to have this baby this weekend how about an after to this before?
We are keeping Morgan on a twin mattress on the floor for now. Until she is really good about not rolling out when she is sleeping and can climb in and out of a bed on a frame on her own. We found her on the floor quite often the first couple weeks but so far so good since she's been in her new room. Her comforter is from Target. The butterfly sheet set is Dwell for Target. The dresser and hot pink lamp are from Ikea.Morgan's Eames shell rocker will probably find a home in baby2's room soon since I haven't found a rocker I love (or can afford) for his room yet.
A-Z print from Blue Art Studio The Ikea curtains in her closet opening are already nicely wrinkled (and longer from her pulling on them). She likes to run in and out saying "where's Morgan?"Pink vinyl bird wall decals were made by my mom on her Silhouette.
The pink and purple canvas painting has been waiting for a permanent home for a long time. Morgan painted it at school when she was 4 months old.
Black bird hooks from Urban Outfitters
I used Ikea Ribba picture ledges to made a perfect front facing bookcase for Morgan. And she loves sitting and having a book read to her. I will probably rotate out these books from the rest of her collection because I feel like I've read these over and over already. :) The pillows in the reading nook are from Urban Outfitters, Ikea and Target. Polka dot piggy bank from Pottery Barn Kids. 3-dimensional white wall flowers: UmbraShelf is from Ikea. Letterpress print by Elise Blaha. The lion and giraffe are from my baby shower for Morgan.Oh sweet girl print by Kal Barteski. The Ugly doll was the first thing Mark and I bought for baby wait and see.

I'm so happy Morgan's room is finally complete (and I'm sure she is too). Other than a few little personal items I'm sure I'll add and take away as time goes on, I can now say it's done.

3 comments:

  1. Not quite sure I like the first sentence to the blog (I know, I know, patience is a virtue), but I love the rest. Her room turned out fantastic! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm especially happy that Morgan loves her room as much as we do. And I must admit my favorites are the reading nook and the 3-D flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific room. I agree with gramm... the flowers are amazing and I love a good reading nook. :)

    ReplyDelete