Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week in the Life: Day Two

Tuesday April 20 2010
  • so comfy in bed this morning. Up late at 6:45am. Morgan woke early, cranky and whiny, calling 'mama, mama' while I rushed to get ready for work.
  • my knuckles on my right hand are getting redder and drier. Mark thinks I need to get some Bag Balm.
  • it was nearly 8am by the time we left the house. I dropped Morgan off at school, then I was back in the car to head to work at 8:05am. Looks like it's going to be another nice day - it's sunny and 41 degrees this morning.
  • toasted a honey wheat bagel with strawberry cream cheese for breakfast. And more vanilla chai.
  • time to work - ordered some last minute rushes at 10. Revised and repriced plans for customers the rest of the morning.
  • left the office around 11:30 to run errands during lunch. First, Target. Shampoo, sunscreen, boogie wipes and bubble bath for Morgan. The new Sevendust CD for me. Then, the post office to buy stamps and mail Morgan's birthday party invitations. Love the new abstract expressionist stamps - I'm so easy to please.
  • couldn't pass 7-11 without getting a slurpee. I mixed cherry and Coke. Ahh...delish. Started thinking about being a kid, when Kristin, Becky and I would ride our bikes up to the 7-11 on Telegraph and Joy Road for layered slurpees. We were so cool.
  • back to work at 12:30. Phone calls, orders, more 'emergencies'.
  • finally ate my peanut butter and jelly. Trying to get one of my orders in but I keep getting interrupted with customers and phone calls. Time to put my phone on 'do not disturb'.
  • 3pm - orders are in, truck has been ordered, time to breath. And a little giggling with my coworkers. I'm going to need the next two hours to clean off my desk.
  • left work at 5pm and listened to my new CD on the way to get Morgan.
  • 5:35pm - finally home. Morgan and I walked up to the street to get the mail. Chuckled when I saw Mark, of all people, got mail from Omaha Steaks.
  • we played in the driveway - blowing bubbles and drawing with chalk until Mark got home.
  • tacos for dinner, taco salad for Morgan. I was a little shocked that she at least tried everything...and loved the turkey taco meat the most. Go figure.
  • we got our bathroom faucet in the mail and I got a package from scrapbook.com - my album for this project and some more page protectors for my pregnancy album.
  • folded Morgan's cloth diapers. Need to make time very soon to visit Emily's new brick and mortar store and stock up on cloth diaper supplies for baby2.
  • 8pm - Morgan is pooped, time for bed. Mark and I watched a little of the Red Wings playoff game before straightening up the house and getting ready for tomorrow's appraisal. I think we are as ready as we are going to be.

1 comment:

  1. I use Bag Balm and it really works; only wished it smelled better. Love the sneak peek of the family room.

    ReplyDelete