Friday, March 5, 2010

Morgan: 21 months

is talking up a storm. A couple of her newest words are shovel and skateboard.

knows her colors 90% of the time. Red is the one that stumps her. The last couple of weeks have been filled with her telling us what color everything is. The grandmother of one of Morgan's classmates picked up her granddaughter a couple of weeks ago while Morgan was in the middle of reciting her colors. She was concerned and wondered why her granddaughter didn't know hers. Their teacher told her not to worry, but also not to compare her to Morgan. 'Morgan is on her own level.' Woah! After all, she is the first born of two first borns, right Grandma Goulding? Brag session over (for now).
has moved on from loving to eat snow to loving to eat ice. Daddy snuck her an icicle off the gutters and she is hooked. Yeah, I know, choking hazard. I suppose you wouldn't want to hear that we give her (cut up) grapes, hot dogs and popcorn too, huh? Send me to mommy prison. :)
confirmed that all of her incisors are in, so she has all of her teeth besides her 2 year molars.
learned that we shouldn't run errands in the morning. I thought a little running around would wear her out, but I've noticed a pattern that even when we leave the house in the morning and get back before lunch, she is all out of whack and does not want to nap. A couple weekends ago she didn't nap until 4:30! Not cool. I'm going to try to lay off the morning errands and see what happens. Or ask someone to watch her if we really need to get something done (thanks sis!).

enjoys a couple crackers on the ride home from school. She always asks for two, one for each hand, but I asked her once if she wanted one or two. She looked at me, tilted her head, and said "three?" Uh, okay!

requests "Gabba" when we get home from school at night. She knows all of the characters and loves the episode with Jack Black. I usually indulge her in a 20-minute episode while I unpack our bags and start dinner.
and my absolute favorite: she learned the Cha Cha Slide at school. If you've been to a wedding or school dance in the last 5 years, I'm sure you know it too. Of course it's not perfect, but she knows when to clap, hop, slide left/right, stomp and put her hands on her knees. I have never wanted a video camera more - Mark and I were practically in tears last weekend watching her. It's the most adorable thing. ever.

cannot believe this little girl is going to be 2 in 3 months.

2 comments:

  1. you definitely need to video that! I bet it's the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats right darling I knew she was brilliant the day she was born, baby 2 will be too. He can't miss with parents like you and a big sis with her plethora of knowledge leading the way. Thanks for all the great pics see you tomorrow tools in hand and hope to get alot done this weekend just point me in the right direction with a diet coke in my hand.

    ReplyDelete