On the day that we had our new furnace installed, the three of us were huddled in front of a space heater most of the day, watching movies. I took advantage of the down time and asked Mark to pull out all of Morgan's old clothing bins, as well as the bin I had already started filling with Morgan's old but clean and unstained gender neutral clothing for baby2. After I had all of the sizes separated, I started making a little inventory of what else he may need. Things like side snap t's (which I loved when Morgan's umbilical cord was still attached) and 0-3 month pants for cool summer mornings and evenings. Other than that, we are pretty much set for the summer with clothing.
Some other goodies that are on my list:
- bottle liners and nipples (we'll re-use Morgan's Playtex Nursers)
- backup formula (just in case - I do not want to jinx myself though...)
- pacifiers (this time I will remember to sanitize these with the bottle nipples before he is born)
- our bottle drying rack is perfectly fine but I can't stop looking at this one either.
- diapers and wipes, of course. I am still aiming for cloth.
- diaper bag. I can easily fill up the one we have just to go out to dinner with Morgan. We are going to need one that is a little bigger for 2 kiddies. This one is at the top of my list right now. I'm hoping to see it in person at a local store before I commit.
- We already have a nice front carrier that we used with Morgan but this time I kind of want to try a sling. I remember holding Morgan most of the time most days and I'm anticipating needing my hands free a lot being home with a newborn and a toddler. Maybe one like this?
- baby lotion
- Q-Tips and cotton balls
- diaper cream
- nasal aspirator
- and if he has his sister's hair, a comb.
Then there's the household necessities that we should stock up on in a couple months:
- paper products like toilet paper, paper towel, napkins and Kleenex
- paper plates
- dishwashing detergent
- laundry detergent
- postage stamps
- toiletries like shampoo, shower gel, deodorant and toothpaste
Tomorrow our little family is heading to Elephant Ears in Ann Arbor because Morgan is in dire need of new tennis shoes. Maybe I can make a little dent in the list and find some cute things for baby2 also.
3 projects down, 3 to go.