Tuesday, March 23, 2010

a late weekend review

Last weekend was nothing short of productive and eventful. I'll start at the top:

  • our carpet arrived at the installer's warehouse last week. Our floors in the renovation are completely cleared off and we'll be getting our new carpet on Thursday.
  • all of the door and base trim is painted, as well as the fireplace and the skylight wells in the family room.
  • master closet shelving is assembled. But not without a trip to the ER. Mark cut open his left index finger on Saturday night while scribing the shelving to the wall. After 2 hours at the hospital and 4 stitches, he is good as new and I was absolutely faint. Thank goodness his mom was here to take him to the hospital. I nearly passed out in my pancakes on Sunday morning just listening to them talk about it.
  • I started to fill all of our new closets in the family room, mudroom and laundry room. I love organization. I can't wait to start filling up all of the cabinets too. Even if I have no idea what to put in them yet.
  • countertop material has finally been chosen. More on that later. First they will come to measure and template. Installation should be in 2-3 weeks.
  • tile for the master bath is here and waiting for us to pick up, probably this weekend. Tiling may be sooner than I thought.
Sooo...with all this progress, we might just be moving back over to the west side this weekend. Can you believe it? Lots of photos to come.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! It's all coming together and I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see the countertop you've picked out. :) Glad you had help with the medical emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the progress!
    Bart sliced his finger badly enough that my mom had to take him to the ER while installing the bathroom floor. I still get the heebies thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the carpet come? I'm crossing my fingers to see some pictures of updates maybe after this weekend??? =) (no pressure..)

    ReplyDelete