Last weekend was nothing short of productive and eventful. I'll start at the top:
- our carpet arrived at the installer's warehouse last week. Our floors in the renovation are completely cleared off and we'll be getting our new carpet on Thursday.
- all of the door and base trim is painted, as well as the fireplace and the skylight wells in the family room.
- master closet shelving is assembled. But not without a trip to the ER. Mark cut open his left index finger on Saturday night while scribing the shelving to the wall. After 2 hours at the hospital and 4 stitches, he is good as new and I was absolutely faint. Thank goodness his mom was here to take him to the hospital. I nearly passed out in my pancakes on Sunday morning just listening to them talk about it.
- I started to fill all of our new closets in the family room, mudroom and laundry room. I love organization. I can't wait to start filling up all of the cabinets too. Even if I have no idea what to put in them yet.
- countertop material has finally been chosen. More on that later. First they will come to measure and template. Installation should be in 2-3 weeks.
- tile for the master bath is here and waiting for us to pick up, probably this weekend. Tiling may be sooner than I thought.