Thursday, March 11, 2010

2/3

Welcome third trimester. 28 weeks down, 12 to go. So close to the single digits. The excitement is slowly turning into nerves. I'm getting so anxious to meet this little guy. Deep breath.

On Monday, I had my 28 week appointment and glucose screening. 10 ounces of flat Sunkist-pop-tasting beverage + 1 hour of waiting + blood draw = fun times. I think I would have heard by now if I 'failed' so I'm assuming no news is good news. No gestational diabetes. Doc said all is good. Bi-weekly appointments start now until May - my next visit is in two weeks.

This morning was my ultrasound to check his placenta. Result: it moved right up to where it should be. Yeah! And he is still a he. And she also estimated his weight to be 2 pounds 14 ounces right now. Yup, "on the big side". I get that. I'm having another big baby. Thank you very much for the reminder. He looks perfect and happy to me. Even if he wasn't interested in having any pictures taken. He stayed in the fetal position, hand in his face, looking down most of the time.

As for me, I'm feeling pretty good actually. Sometimes he feels so low. Like 'where's the bathroom' low. Sometimes he's doing yoga in my ribcage. He is moving around a ton. No fantastic cravings to share - just a desire to eat a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles right before bed. Believe it or not, I think it helps me sleep better. My nose is experiencing multiple personalities this week - runny, stuffed, faucet, can't breathe. I would really like to go a month without being sick.

That's all on the babyfront.

4 comments:

  1. it all sounds very good!
    I hope he's not as big as Evan was. 10.7 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear all is well -- sounds like the option of a vaginal birth is back now that the placenta is back where it should be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big baby=C-section? Or is that still up to you? Thanks for the update, I was wondering all day how your appts went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue - I hope not either :) But Morgan was 9# 4oz.

    It's still up to me if I want a c-section or not. Morgan's size was not the reason I needed one last time. Her head was turned and I stopped dilating (failure to progress).

    ReplyDelete