Sunday, January 31, 2010

January to-do(ne)

Even though my goal for January was to set up a rough plan for Morgan and baby2's bedrooms (mission accomplished!), I had really intended to do more than just focus on that one project all month. I have regained the energy I lost during my first trimester and now is the perfect time to kick some to-do list butt before our little boy is born. I'm a very lucky mama to have a toddler who takes great naps and goes to bed around 8pm, so while Morgan is sleeping, these are some of the other personal projects I got done in January:

1. cleaned and purged my scrapbook area. I have plans to move some shelving around to make a playspace for Morgan and baby2 but first I need to make some room. Then I got word that
my favorite scrapbook store is having a garage sale at the end of February. Perfect timing for me to sell of some of these goodies. P.S. Did you know they are moving this weekend?

2. started collecting our 2009 tax forms, receipts, W-2's so we can file our taxes right away, hopefully in the next week. Still waiting for one more form.

3. finished Morgan's first year album. Yup, yup, it's officially done! I don't have any plans to photograph it, but you can see it in person, just ask. :)

4. made a sort of 'place for everything and everything in its place' list for all of the new storage spaces we will have to fill in the coming months. Kitchen cabinets, bookshelves, closets and more.

5. started replacing Morgan's 18-24 month clothes with 2T. For real. I hope her current wardrobe lasts until spring. Somehow, while digging out her new size I started going through all of the bins and pulled the gender neutral clothes that Morgan wore when she was a newborn. So happy that we have a lot more clothes for baby2 than I thought. Then again, she was baby wait and see. The pink explosion didn't occur until after she was born. I wasn't really planning on doing all of that until April, but Morgan was very interested in helping. (She is a champion folder you know). So, it's done. One less thing to do when I'm huge(r) and uncomfortable.

6. made a monthly project list for the rest of the year, including leaving the summer wide open to get acquainted with baby2. I will share my list for February tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. have you done the Zone garage sale before? I might be interested, but I'm wondering how successful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I haven't done it before but regretted not signing up sooner for the last one (all of the spaces were sold). I'm not sure if they see more traffic, but I bet like any garage sale...the better you price your items, the easier/faster they sell. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://toddlergirls.net

    ReplyDelete